Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Change LEDs on v5 sabers  (Read 1279 times)
Gryphawoo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« on: June 29, 2020, 03:52:37 PM »

I want to be able to change the colors to red on a saber I'm planning on getting but can't afford an emerald driver so I'm wondering how hard is it to switch out the LEDs on a sentinel v5? thanks!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 03:59:29 PM »

If you pay for the Quick Disconnects, it’ll be lots easier.  Other than that, I can’t provide a good answer, so others with FAR more knowledge and experience than I have will need to chime in (and I’m sure they will).

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 05:01:41 PM »

US does not install quick connects on the basic sabers because of the spacing involved since the LED housing just wedges between the blade and the switch.  If you order a LED module with quick connects the last one I did came with both sides of  the connector so it was easy to clip the saber wiring and add the connector to it. You will then need to add a connector to the removed LED. Matching ones are readily available on Amazon and other electrical suppliers.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 06:20:52 PM »

US does not install quick connects on the basic sabers because of the spacing involved since the LED housing just wedges between the blade and the switch.  If you order a LED module with quick connects the last one I did came with both sides of  the connector so it was easy to clip the saber wiring and add the connector to it. You will then need to add a connector to the removed LED. Matching ones are readily available on Amazon and other electrical suppliers.

Ha!  See, I TOLD you other folks had more knowledge and experience than I do! 

Thanks for chiming in, firehand10k!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: