Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond controller crashed?  (Read 2494 times)
Jomei
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 30, 2020, 02:19:45 PM »

Good evening. I recently purchased a brand new empress diamond controller saber off of another ultrasabers fan. It was working fine from the moment I got it until i decided to change the volume of a font I had put on it the same day with the obsidian launcher. When I tried to write the font to the saber it started writing as usual but then it just stopped. I decided I would restart the saber to reconnect it but after turning it off the saber would not turn back on. I tried taking out the batteries and putting them back in then I recharged the batteries hoping that would work but it didnt. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 02:38:21 PM »

Good evening. I recently purchased a brand new empress diamond controller saber off of another ultrasabers fan. It was working fine from the moment I got it until i decided to change the volume of a font I had put on it the same day with the obsidian launcher. When I tried to write the font to the saber it started writing as usual but then it just stopped. I decided I would restart the saber to reconnect it but after turning it off the saber would not turn back on. I tried taking out the batteries and putting them back in then I recharged the batteries hoping that would work but it didnt. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Good morning!

So, if you power off or disconnect your diamond saber from the program while it is writing, it is possible to erase everything off the board. No sounds or light sequences. Saber appears dead.

To fix it you will need to run a factory reset. That will delete,  then reinstall all the default fonts. First, make sure your batteries are fully charged everytime you plug into the computer.  Run the Ultrasabers editing program.  Plug your saber into the program. Now this is the hard part... you need you saber to reconnect to the program. This is hard because you can't tell if your saber is on or off. You just need it to connect. So program running plug in your saber and hopefully it connects. If not push the power button and hope it connects.  I have had this happen to me before as well, so don't fell to bad!  Just keep trying the button. Press it and see if it connects.  If no, wait a moment and try the button again. You need it to reconnect to the program.

Once the saber is reconnected, you will want to run a diagnostics on the saber.  That is one of the selectable options. Once run diagnostics is finished, you will be able to select factory reset. Once factory reset is done you should have a working saber again!

I hope that gets you up and running again. If not come back and let me know. I'll help you trouble shoot some more!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »

if what Kaiser says doesn't work, you might've fried it big time like I did (I was trying to create an imperial march font and [maybe] put in too many LED changes, it died when I tried to test the font.)  there's, unfortunately, no hard-button factory reset option, so if you fried the part I did, there's no more bootup rom portion to connect to.

As he suggested:
1) plug the cable into the diamond board
2) turn on the saber (you said this didn't work for you... keep reading even if it doesn't)
3) plug the cable into your computer
4) open UltrasaberLauncher.. cross your fingers

if you're lucky, it'll connect after around a minute... do the factory reset Kaiser recommended.

if more than a minute passes... well, let it keep trying and hope.   if nothing, you fried it like I did and you have to send it back (after getting an RMA)

(oh, and make sure you have a data-capable USB cable.... you should since you said you had used it with the launcher before)

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: