Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber repairs (switches)  (Read 1207 times)
Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -18

« on: July 01, 2020, 09:19:17 PM »

Hey saberforum, quick question today. Both the switches on my sabers are starting too loose, I don't really wanna send them in to do something as simple as just tightening them back up and have to pay shipping for it. Is there anyway too tighten these up without too much trouble? My warranty voids for both of them anyway in November, and I suppose since I'll be on my own after that I'll have to start learning these things anyway. I'm assuming it's pretty simple and there's an existing thread so if someone wants to point me in the right direction that would be great too. I also have a broken switch, and a broken battery pack on two of my stunt sabers I plan on learning to replace myself.

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:02:29 PM »

Which type of switches are they? The guarded ones are press fit and rarely come loose but can be broken. The AV switches are glued in on sabers without switch blocks and rarely come loose but the bezel they hold in often rattles making them appear loose.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 10:19:04 PM »

Which type of switches are they? The guarded ones are press fit and rarely come loose but can be broken. The AV switches are glued in on sabers without switch blocks and rarely come loose but the bezel they hold in often rattles making them appear loose.

Ah I see, well it is indeed the bezel on the av switches that have started rattling. So this is normal and they won't eventually fall out? And indeed it was my guarded switch on my stunt saber that actually broke. It sounds like you've had some experience with this, as those are exactly the issues I'm having

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 03:43:32 AM »

Yes plenty of experience with both. The bezels almost always rattle but the switches stay pretty stable with the glue US uses.
In my local dueling group I have had to replace almost all of the guarded switches in Ultrasabers  the duelists use. Sometimes I switch them to another type or sometimes I just pop in a replacement. Those are very easy to do.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »

Thanks firehand, I think it's important to be noted to anyone else reading that investing in the a/v switch is definitely worth it

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 04:45:49 PM »

Thanks firehand, I think it's important to be noted to anyone else reading that investing in the a/v switch is definitely worth it

Yes if you like the big fat ones that take stuffing your whole finger tip into to power on. I prefer to get the guarded switch then change them to 12mm AV switches. It's a easier press to activate deactivate and there is no bezel to rattle.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Darth Nivek
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:57:23 PM »

Very nice. Is that an option on ultrasabers or did you have to custom order them? If you can't tell I'm a novice to the mod world of lighsabers. I hope to educate myself and learn soon, so the advice is much appreciated

Sound sabers,
- Dark savior
- Malice
- Fallen
     Stunt sabers,
- Dark standard issue
- Dark apprentice LE v4
- Initiate v4
- Aeon LE v3
- Dark Sentinel v4 staff

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 10:51:45 PM »

Very nice. Is that an option on ultrasabers or did you have to custom order them? If you can't tell I'm a novice to the mod world of lighsabers. I hope to educate myself and learn soon, so the advice is much appreciated

I do those my self. But the look and feel of them is the reason I always order guarded switches if available.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff