Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber randomly doing something  (Read 1292 times)
eomund
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: July 02, 2020, 01:50:55 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQQ7P-9HzvM&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQQ7P-9HzvM&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

See attached video. My saber randomly does this nonmatter the font. It'll do it with a full or low battery. So I'm sure it isn't that. What is this?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:07:24 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

DOA40
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -19

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 02:01:08 AM »

Did you order a custom saber or did you order a Mystery Box?  The reason I ask is because it looks like you might have gotten a Diamond saber there, as I have seen other videos of people with Diamond sabers who can do things like what is occurring in your video.  And if said saber came from a Mystery Box or a Grab Bag, then you got EXTREMELY lucky.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

Arbiter-Basic Sound Mystery Box-Fire Orange

Dark Mantis-Basic Sound Saber-Violet Amethyst

Emperor's Hand-Emerald Sound Saber-Consular Green

Renegade LE-Premium Sound Saber-Blazing Red

eomund
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 02:24:06 AM »

Did you order a custom saber or did you order a Mystery Box?  The reason I ask is because it looks like you might have gotten a Diamond saber there, as I have seen other videos of people with Diamond sabers who can do things like what is occurring in your video.  And if said saber came from a Mystery Box or a Grab Bag, then you got EXTREMELY lucky.
Nope. I ordered a diamond saber. Is that a feature or something? I'm curious what's triggering it.

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 02:32:48 AM »

Might want to check out this video then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwICWfOlLEI&feature=youtu.be

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod

This guy explains a lot of what Diamond sabers can do, as they can do a lot of different things.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:08:30 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and leave everyone wondering how in the hell you did that.

Current Blades Owned:

NightsisterNessa
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

Nightsisters know the dark side better than anyone

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 02:33:03 AM »

Mine does that too. I think it is supposed to be blaster fire but it shows the colour change ability at the same time like a seperate boot up process or something. The chip that detects motion is activating it. If you take your saber and do a stab motion with it you will get the flash on clash and same sound. I have a Diamond saber and was surprised by this too. Mine does it at random but not often and depends on how I hold it or move it. I picked mine up after turning it on and it did it with the colour cycle with the sound. With the stab motion mine shows the flash on clash with the same sound. I don't think it is anything to worry about and just a random chip detection or system cycle. If it happens a lot, maybe check the battery pack to see if it is loose in the hilt causing unwanted motion detection. Only thing I can think of right now.

Edit: While playing with it I hit my chair and it did the same colour cycle and sound but my saber was pointed down, nothing feels loose so I think it is just a feature we have when it comes to Diamond Controllers.

Owner of Diamond - Butcher LE - Blazing Red
Dark initiate LE V4 Stunt - Blue
Diamond - Savior - Sunriders Destiny

Dark side points preferred if given.

eomund
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 05:37:49 AM »

Might want to check out this video then:

https://youtu.be/qwICWfOlLEI

This guy explains a lot of what Diamond sabers can do, as they can do a lot of different things.
You just sent me down a youtube hole. I've been studying and playing for hours now lol.

I had no idea I could change my settings using gestures. I've now been learning how to program the audio settings too. Now that I know how to do that, I might play with some of my own fonts.

Thanks for the input mate.

eomund
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 05:51:02 AM »

And notably. The sounds it was making is the gestures. You can program those too which is cool.

DOA40
Knight Officer

Peace Is a Lie

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 06:10:09 AM »

You just sent me down a youtube hole. I've been studying and playing for hours now lol.

I had no idea I could change my settings using gestures. I've now been learning how to program the audio settings too. Now that I know how to do that, I might play with some of my own fonts.

Thanks for the input mate.

NP.  I remembered this video when I was looking up something else before I ordered the Emperor's Hand that I currently have.  Took a little bit of scouring to find it in my History, but felt it was the best one out there at the moment from the other "Diamond Review" videos I saw.

Current Blades Owned:

eomund
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 06:23:47 AM »

NP.  I remembered this video when I was looking up something else before I ordered the Emperor's Hand that I currently have.  Took a little bit of scouring to find it in my History, but felt it was the best one out there at the moment from the other "Diamond Review" videos I saw.
There are a few good ones that all interestingly have different features listed. Almost like the people who made the videos might not know all the individual features. I've  ordered a cheaper saber from amazon just so I can dual with my friends. Once I get a 3rd, I'll start playing with blade size as I plan to still do a sword / dagger setup.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: