Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Box Review  (Read 2156 times)
enragedelk
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 03, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »

This is my first saber I ever bought, so im not a collector or anything. I thought it was cool so I bought a mystery box, and I gotta say, it's meh.  I received the Liberator v3 hilt, and while I know it was a mystery box so I shouldn't complain, this is the most boring plain hilt on the entire website. I don't hate it or anything, im just, disappointed. The blade its self is nice, being a mid grade, my only complaint is the blade had a slight curve to it. On the hilt was some tape, and a few scuff marks, but was surprised it came with batteries. Its a nice saber, but honestly, feels a little on the cheap end. I took it apart a bit just to see how it works, and was really surprised how bright the light was, even blinded my self for a second lol. Other then those minor things I did have a shipping issue, I didn't receive my package for 5 weeks, and that's after contacting customer service (thank you Aria), while I do understand theres a pandemic right now, it would be nice if the website was updated to address the longer processing and shipping times. Overall it's a decent saber, though I do feel I overpaid a bit. Also wasn't a fan of not having free shipping as an option. I like the saber, the orange color is beautiful, so overall I would give this, a 3/5.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 06:46:24 PM »

This is why I'm not sure I'd try a mistery box (paying for it I mean, since I'm expecting an initiate and a grab bag with my first order). There are too many hilt designs I find meh or dislike...
Glad to hear you like the blade and the color though =)

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 09:38:11 PM »

If I may suggest, next time, order the saber you want, the way you want it   choose your own features and I can honestly say, you will love it. I only have one mystery box ( my 1st order).

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 10:05:07 PM »

If I may suggest, next time, order the saber you want, the way you want it   choose your own features and I can honestly say, you will love it. I only have one mystery box ( my 1st order).

I have to agree with Malik on this one.  If I'm spending money on anything, I want to know exactly what I'm getting.  However, my first order qualified me for a free grab bag and free mystery box, and i wasn't about to pass those up. 

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 10:08:26 PM »

you can never complain about something for free ( well some free things are never wanted... i will not allude to those things...lol )

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 06:05:35 AM »

I have to agree with Malik on this one.  If I'm spending money on anything, I want to know exactly what I'm getting.  However, my first order qualified me for a free grab bag and free mystery box, and i wasn't about to pass those up. 
I understand completely! That's what I did as well. I picked all the stuff I wanted for my dream Empress, and qualified for initiate and grab bag. I do like games of chance =D but I'll probably end up a bit disappointed because of what I stated earlier. Except if I have as much luck as some forumers did =D

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 05:22:40 PM »

Honestly...I like the Liberator v3! I do. I can't wait to see what we get (ordered 2) and what colors we get. But tomorrow marks the start of week 7.... grrr...

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 05:28:13 PM »

This is my first saber I ever bought, so im not a collector or anything. I thought it was cool so I bought a mystery box, and I gotta say, it's meh.  I received the Liberator v3 hilt, and while I know it was a mystery box so I shouldn't complain, this is the most boring plain hilt on the entire website. I don't hate it or anything, im just, disappointed. The blade its self is nice, being a mid grade, my only complaint is the blade had a slight curve to it. On the hilt was some tape, and a few scuff marks, but was surprised it came with batteries. Its a nice saber, but honestly, feels a little on the cheap end. I took it apart a bit just to see how it works, and was really surprised how bright the light was, even blinded my self for a second lol. Other then those minor things I did have a shipping issue, I didn't receive my package for 5 weeks, and that's after contacting customer service (thank you Aria), while I do understand theres a pandemic right now, it would be nice if the website was updated to address the longer processing and shipping times. Overall it's a decent saber, though I do feel I overpaid a bit. Also wasn't a fan of not having free shipping as an option. I like the saber, the orange color is beautiful, so overall I would give this, a 3/5.

The Liberator is a bit on the plain side, but look at it like a blank canvas. Since it's your first saber you probably haven't delved into customization but there are a tons of ways you can make your saber look cooler and really stand out. Weathering, leather wraps, o-rings, those are all just a few examples that many have gone with. Browse around the "Customization" subforum and be inspired, you could end up with a saber much more to your liking.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

SandmanLLL
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 01:32:26 AM »

This is why I'm not sure I'd try a mistery box (paying for it I mean, since I'm expecting an initiate and a grab bag with my first order). There are too many hilt designs I find meh or dislike...
Glad to hear you like the blade and the color though =)
People do it because they like gambling.  We are all hoping to get that super valuable Diamond saber or something.... Smiley

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 02:07:58 AM »

The Liberator is a bit on the plain side, but look at it like a blank canvas. Since it's your first saber you probably haven't delved into customization but there are a tons of ways you can make your saber look cooler and really stand out. Weathering, leather wraps, o-rings, those are all just a few examples that many have gone with. Browse around the "Customization" subforum and be inspired, you could end up with a saber much more to your liking.

You mean like this...

and this...

This is the same plain 'ol Liberator hilt.  The first one I wrapped in a woodgrain vinyl with some gold and green vinyl accents.  The second I redid by hydro dipping to give it a burled wood effect.  A personally like the "plain" hilt because you can make it your own.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 02:09:17 AM »

You mean like this...

and this...

This is the same plain 'ol Liberator hilt.  The first one I wrapped in a woodgrain vinyl with some gold and green vinyl accents.  The second I redid by hydro dipping to give it a burled wood effect.  A personally like the "plain" hilt because you can make it your own.
point for those

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 07:09:38 AM »

You mean like this...

and this...

A work of art! Love them, particularly the second one, even though red is my favorite color.

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 02:50:09 PM »

Hey welcome to the forum sorry to hear your 1st saber was a bit disappointing for you but that's the kind of risk you to with grab bag or mystery box sabers I hope you are able to get some enjoyment out of it at least

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 02:51:09 PM »

You mean like this...

and this...

This looks quite elegant point deserved

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 04:11:19 AM »

Lets see it; congrats on the first saber. I have obtained many mystery box ones; some great some low end. I personally enjoy them all. In the end, one gets what one pays for and some times you get extra.  Smiley

DrEe Windu

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: