Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: 3x Mystery box results :)  (Read 3645 times)
Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 19

« on: July 04, 2020, 08:54:38 PM »

Update on my sabers.. they're here.. somehow.. ?

I wasn't aware Fedex delivered on the 4th of July.. but there ya go.. *Shrug*

Result of 3 mystery boxes has produced some interesting results (no video.. I'm not someone that posts to Youtube.. *shrug*):

First saber is an Initiate v4 with silver AV switch... blazing orange... BUT.. is a 2 AA battery setup.. ? Wasn't aware that was even a thing. *Shrug*
It's similar to my wife's Initiate, cept this one has no emitter windows. Something about it doesn't feel that balanced in the hand.. not really sure why, since I love my wife's Initiate v5. Maybe it's blade.. feels like maybe it should be a bit shorter for this hilt. *Shrug*

Second saber is an Aeon v2 with silver AV, consular green. Definitely a fan.. it's simple, but elegant.. it's also much thinner hilt, but it's longer than the others we have. Makes for a good feeling 2 hander. Feels like a slight weight added to the pommel would make it balanced out just a little more, and shift the balance point further down the hilt, more towards the switch. Still.. I like it.

At this point, I was just assuming everything would be an inexpensive hilt, with only an AV upgrade... (that's what I'd get for pestering UltraSaber employees, I guess)... BUT...

The 3rd one is an Aeon LE v3, with silver AV, and a Tri Cree guardian blue upgrade. I wasn't even aware getting a tri-cree was even possible with mystery boxes... So that's a nice bonus.

One other thing, is that the Aeon LE v3 has a different texture than the other sabers. It's definitely got a slightly rougher texture, which gives it a nice grip. Not sure if that's by design, or on accident, but I'm a fan of it. It rests in the hand a bit better, due to the fact that the hilt is a bit thicker.. so it balances a bit better than the others. Still feels like it could use a slightly larger pommel to give it a bit more on the hand end.

Overall, now comes the real question.. were these sabers worth it? Every one of the sabers sells for more than what I paid for it.. so in that aspect.. yes. However, that said, the one I do like the most, IS the Aeon LE V3. That tri cree brightness is nothing to scoff at, and makes my daughter's apprentice single LED Blue, just look downright dim in comparison. So, the Tri cree was a nice upgrade to the saber.

Will I order more UltraSabers in the future? Probably. However, for now, I'm going to give them time to catch up with orders, and go let my wife and daughter decide which saber they want from this order... the Aeon LE v3 is mine Smiley

~ Casp

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 09:20:51 PM »

First, we need pics.

Second, those are certainly worth it.  With MBs anything is possible, even Diamond sabers.  The AA setup is a recent thing due to the lack of AAA battery holders on hand.  I believe they have AAA holders but are saving them for LEDs that need a greater power output than a AA setup would provide.  As to the balance of the initiate, the blade length most certainly affects the balance of the saber.  I love the initiate size hilts.  With a 24" blade, they remind me of the batons the police carried in "Futurama".

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »

First, we need pics.

Second, those are certainly worth it.  With MBs anything is possible, even Diamond sabers.  The AA setup is a recent thing due to the lack of AAA battery holders on hand.  I believe they have AAA holders but are saving them for LEDs that need a greater power output than a AA setup would provide.  As to the balance of the initiate, the blade length most certainly affects the balance of the saber.  I love the initiate size hilts.  With a 24" blade, they remind me of the batons the police carried in "Futurama".

Meh.. I'm not setting up an image hosting account, just to post pics... if there was a way to attach, here, then that'd be a different story, obviously.

For me, the initiate feels a bit more like I got exactly what I paid for.. so I'm not unhappy with the result Wink The other 2 definitely feel more like they're the better value.. but then, that's also subjective, due to the fact that I'm not a small guy by any means, and a larger hilt always feels better in my hands.

Likely, I'm going to wind up ordering some different pommels for the Aeons, just to see how much it changes the balance. As a former practitioner of Iaijutsu, balance probably makes me a little pickier than most... now I just have to determine how MUCH weight I want to add Smiley

~ Casp

warguppy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 10:05:16 PM »

Not a bad haul.

Congrats

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 10:23:39 PM »

As much as I like my Dominix V4 LE hilts, I am really starting to enjoy the v2 hilts. I got one as a mystery box and I find I often grab that one for just messing around, or handing off to my 8 year old daughter to play with. They're comfortable to handle, and while they lack the sleeker lines of their descendants, they are still good to use. I personally would see the Aeon v2 that you got as the biggest win of that bundle, but I am strange and I know it.

Light side points when warranted

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 12:09:07 AM »

As much as I like my Dominix V4 LE hilts, I am really starting to enjoy the v2 hilts. I got one as a mystery box and I find I often grab that one for just messing around, or handing off to my 8 year old daughter to play with. They're comfortable to handle, and while they lack the sleeker lines of their descendants, they are still good to use. I personally would see the Aeon v2 that you got as the biggest win of that bundle, but I am strange and I know it.

Oh I'm definitely liking them all, but let's be fair.. when we all order a mystery box, we all hope to see something that produces a "woah!!"  in the box when it arrives Wink

Obviously I didn't get a "woah", but I'm at least smiling. Smiley

To be fair, there ARE some hilts that could have been in there, that I would have genuinely been disappointed with.. these are clearly not any of those.

~ Casp

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 02:52:10 AM »

Meh.. I'm not setting up an image hosting account, just to post pics... if there was a way to attach, here, then that'd be a different story, obviously.

~ Casp

If you use Tapatalk to access the forum, you can attach pictures to your posts without a separate image-hosting service.  However, if you don’t already use Tapatalk, and don’t really want to try it, then it’s the same situation, just a different tool that doesn’t interest you.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 03:21:04 AM »

If you use Tapatalk to access the forum, you can attach pictures to your posts without a separate image-hosting service.  However, if you don’t already use Tapatalk, and don’t really want to try it, then it’s the same situation, just a different tool that doesn’t interest you.

Actually, I've had a ton of issues with tapatalk, recently.. keep getting network errors with the app since the latest update.

To be fair, never even knew it was useable on this forum, too Smiley

~ Casp

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 04:17:07 AM »

Congrats on getting your order Casp. I'm very jealous! I think that haul is pretty good! Thanks for letting us know what you got. Fingers crossed for us!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 04:45:40 AM »

Not a bad set of sabers for sure. Hope to see pics soon Tongue Even on regular, there should be an additional options tab where you can post pics. for me anyway there is

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 01:33:21 AM »

Alright.. managed to get Tapatalk to work, after getting a beta build from their development team. Lol

Including the photos of all three sabers...Tri led setup.. the dual 2AA setup on the orange.. and a comparison of the texture on the two aeons... The top one is the LE, and has a but rougher texture. (I like it, actually)

~ Casp

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 01:51:43 AM »

Cool!  I have an Aeon LE v3, also, and they’re gorgeous!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 02:01:08 AM »

Nice variety with the colors, there.  Looks like you made out okay, Casp.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Caspien
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 02:16:55 AM »

Nice variety with the colors, there.  Looks like you made out okay, Casp.

Absolutely Smiley

I mean.. it obviously wasn't a Fallen with a violet blade (my current 'Elanor').. but I'm ok with the result... now to find a pommel to replace the LE's.. I want a bit more counter weight Wink

Anyone know what the turnaround time has been for parts?

~ Casp

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 04:12:21 AM »

Some great looking sabers; congrats and thanks for sharing. Smiley

DrEe Windu

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: