Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Modular Saber System: Single, Dual, Spear, Staff, Pike  (Read 4924 times)
BaliMawr
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 29

Scrapper

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 08:46:06 PM »

[quote author=VennTahlis link=topic=45628.msg772703#msg772703 date=1593974088
The concept is something along these lines:

Venn K'Tahlis, ex-Jedi Sentinel (in a sense ronin/rogue/"Grey") on the run, hunted by both sides, after discovering a conspiracy and a secret of an ancient sought after Force artifact that has the power to cause a Singularity event and threaten the entire universe and time itself...
[/quote]

I really like the idea of ronin from either side.  I feel like it speaks much more to our current reality, and isn’t that what good sci-fi should do?

Mine:
-Fallen w/BRE, Obsidian Lite sound, BVA
-Dark Catalyst, Stunt, AS
Son's:
-Dark Initiate LE V4, Stunt, FO (x2)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 09:35:04 PM »

Hi all! Wanted to proudly share my completed creation as well as some edits

Dark Sentinel v5 Sentinel Yellow
Dark Apprentice v4 Sentinel Yellow
Yari Pike Extension
2 Vented Couplers
Blade Options: 32" x 2, 24", 16"
Carrying Strap

My Instagram and  Youtube

Close Up View and Discussion on Weathering, Parts and more https://youtu.be/2KC_7cccJfg

Some Spinning for size context https://youtu.be/z89GYMuCPtk

OUTSTANDING pics, VT!

Having said that, the individual components of your pictures--the sabers, your costume ensemble, pic tableau--are AWESOME  Smiley

I've been a fan of the Sentinel/Apprentice line since I first came to Ultrasabers but I NEVER would have considered doing a saberstaff the likes of which you've done!  Wonderful, just wonderful, and your background story is amazing!

Like you, my own character is a Gray Jedi, from the Vhal'Dan Order; I have an extensive background narrative (far too long to list here) found--if you're interested  Smiley--in the Fan Fic section

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2020, 10:47:28 PM »

Greetings VennTahlis,

Firstly, that is a really nice setup you have and I love the work you have put into the weathering and wraps (I like how the edges and corners are worn/chipped - much more realistic looking). I might have to consider getting an Apprentice V5 now and adding a longer pommel or coupler part (I liked the Sentinel but at 13.25 inches is a bit long for my style but the Apprentice looked a bit short at 10 inches - adding the extra part might solve that.)

Secondly you have crazy photo-editing skills.

points incoming for sharing!

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

The Force is beyond Light and Dark, as am I.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 01:05:44 AM »

I really like the idea of ronin from either side.  I feel like it speaks much more to our current reality, and isn’t that what good sci-fi should do?

Very true my friend!

OUTSTANDING pics, VT!

Having said that, the individual components of your pictures--the sabers, your costume ensemble, pic tableau--are AWESOME  Smiley

I've been a fan of the Sentinel/Apprentice line since I first came to Ultrasabers but I NEVER would have considered doing a saberstaff the likes of which you've done!  Wonderful, just wonderful, and your background story is amazing!

Like you, my own character is a Gray Jedi, from the Vhal'Dan Order; I have an extensive background narrative (far too long to list here) found--if you're interested  Smiley--in the Fan Fic section

Point!

Oh thank you so much!! I'll def look there! And also the whole fan fic section...idk why I missed that loll

Greetings VennTahlis,

Firstly, that is a really nice setup you have and I love the work you have put into the weathering and wraps (I like how the edges and corners are worn/chipped - much more realistic looking). I might have to consider getting an Apprentice V5 now and adding a longer pommel or coupler part (I liked the Sentinel but at 13.25 inches is a bit long for my style but the Apprentice looked a bit short at 10 inches - adding the extra part might solve that.)

Secondly you have crazy photo-editing skills.

points incoming for sharing!

Thank you! Yeah it's def a long one! which I love because I have a thing for true hand and half swords, katana and two handed technique, while I also go one hand sometimes, I love the versatility of the longer hilt and leverage, but it's def somewhat out of ordinary to have a longer hilt! The coupler pommel I use def adds a nice length to it - my mainhand sentinel saber is currently barely a bit below 14"

Modular Saber Staff System Gallery: Dark Sentinel v5, Dark Apprentice v4, Yari Pike Extension, Vented Couplers x 2, Blades: Single 32", Dual 32" x 2, Staff 24" + 16", Pike 24"

Instagram | Youtube

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 12:49:11 AM »

Great job. Smiley Love the yellow blades and variety of configurations

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »

Some Spinning for size context https://youtu.be/z89GYMuCPtk

Holy crap these are great pictures, man! Love the editing you've done with all of your photos!

VennTahlis
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

The Force is beyond Light and Dark, as am I.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 06:32:31 PM »

Holy crap these are great pictures, man! Love the editing you've done with all of your photos!

Thank you Knight Commander Mod sir hahaha

Modular Saber Staff System Gallery: Dark Sentinel v5, Dark Apprentice v4, Yari Pike Extension, Vented Couplers x 2, Blades: Single 32", Dual 32" x 2, Staff 24" + 16", Pike 24"

Instagram | Youtube

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 12:23:33 AM »

have a point just because i love your graphics and your flow demo

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red