Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Inititate LE v5 (My First Saber)  (Read 1996 times)
AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« on: July 07, 2020, 03:18:44 PM »

For my first Saber, I wanted a bit more than a mystery box, but didn't want to go crazy either. I chose the Initiate LE v5, stunt setup...no sounds or led loadouts. Please note* I'm not going to talk about the experience here, just the Saber itself.

Hilt: The hilt is very pleasing to the eye, with the contrasting sheen of the hilt vs the anodized gold accents. The hilt is simultaneously lighter than I expected it to be, but girthier as well. To be honest, it's a good thing I'm a large man with big hands, or the hilt would likely be uncomfortable for use in sparring (though it'd still be a fine prop).

Blade: 36' standard blade. Not much to say here, we've all seen them. I wish the seam at the tip weren't quite so visible, but that's an extremely minor thing. I will say that at 6'2", I felt the blade was just a touch shorter than I'd like, I'll probably opt for 40" next time.

Sounds/Board: None on this Saber. But I'm so bummed I didn't get at least sound, so that's a guarantee for my next purchase.

Overall: I'm SO stoked with this Saber. It feels great in my hand, I love the way the blade lights up. I'm going to wait some time (due to the Ronas and whatnot) before I purchase again, but when I do, I want to go a little crazy on the next one. Also (see pics)...I LOVE the fire orange, and don't regret it...BUT...now I NEED green and red lmao Cheesy

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 04:08:13 PM »

Good review, solid first purchase, welcome to your new obsession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 04:11:41 PM »

Oh, that is, indeed, a lovely saber, sir!  If you’re interested in my review of the Dark version of this saber, see here.  I completely understand your fascination with the design of this hilt, believe me!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 05:48:06 PM »

Thank you both!

That dark version is indeed a sweet sight. I’ll probably spring for that when I order my red saber. Both my oldest two daughters, and my wife want a saber now too though, so who knows when I can spend on myself again! Lol 😂

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »

Excellent review and a gorgeous saber. I'm planing this to be my next saber and I really love that last picture where you can see both sides of the emitter windows. Looks so cool, never seen that angle before.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 06:18:01 PM »

Excellent review and a gorgeous saber. I'm planing this to be my next saber and I really love that last picture where you can see both sides of the emitter windows. Looks so cool, never seen that angle before.

There are actually three sets of emitter windows, centered 120º apart for even distribution.  It’s really a gorgeous design, whether it’s light or dark, standard or LE.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 11:30:13 PM »

Very nice indeed. Great to see the family getting in on it. So what other sabers are you looking at?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 02:35:01 AM »

Thanks! I like the designs on the Spectre, Lost Grays (or Fulcrum), Graflex...and then, and maybe this is a bit noobish of me, I'd like one based on Starkiller's saber in TFU1, but I don't see any that resemble it to me. Am I missing it, or is there a Starkiller-inspired Saber on the site?

AustinChaos22
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 02:37:44 AM »

Also, please note that I accidentally titled this "Initiate" but the saber in question is the *Apprentice LE v5*.

dogdoctor
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 02:49:34 AM »

Love the photos! And congrats. No regrets is a good motto to live by.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 08:45:59 AM »

The Bellicose is based on Star Killer I believe.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

drEe
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 13

Life long Star Wars nerd but not yet a Master

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »

That is a nice first saber; thanks you for taking the time to share and enjoy!

DrEe Windu

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: