Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I need help! Diamond saber no longer making sound  (Read 889 times)
JayDrawsSocks
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 07, 2020, 07:38:55 PM »

Hi all, I just got my Diamond Saber today, I've been messing around with its pre-programmed sound fonts today, and while trying to change it my saber turned off with the sound still playing. Then when I turned it back on the sound completely stopped except for a very faint high pitched ring when I put the speaker next to my ear. Is this a problem with low batteries or have I somehow messed up the wiring? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks much.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 01:43:44 AM »

First, this should be in the Saber Forum > Ultra Sabers Discussion > The Obsidian Order > Diamond Database sub-forum, so that the right people will see it faster.

Second, this might very well be a battery issue.  Since this is a Diamond saber, that means you will have two 14500 cells in there, and please tell me you either got the Recharge port, or you got the recommended charger, because Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) batteries cannot be charged in a standard battery charger made for AA and AAA NiCad (Nickel-Cadmium) or NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries.

Charge the batteries (using a proper charger), and try again.  If you have only a charger made for AA and AAA cells, you NEED to get a different charger; it won’t work on the 14500 cells, even though they’re the same size as AA batteries.  Also, no battery labeled as AA will work, even the Energizer Lithium AA batteries, because those are primary cells, meaning that they cannot be recharged, and they put out only 1.5 volts.  14500 cells put out 3.7 volts... EACH.

If you need a charger for Li-Ion cells, I recommend the XTAR VC2 or VC4, or perhaps a Nitecore D2 or D4.  Don’t cheap out on this.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 03:54:12 AM »

Cyclops942, 

He posted this here and in the diamond part of the board. It was the on board volume adjustment menu! Hold button and trigger flash on clash...  it has happened to everyone at least once!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 08:04:40 PM »

Cyclops942, 

He posted this here and in the diamond part of the board. It was the on board volume adjustment menu! Hold button and trigger flash on clash...  it has happened to everyone at least once!

Yeah, I saw that later, but by that time I had already posted my answer here.  Thanks for the follow-up, though, and as always, thanks for helping folks out.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: