Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I need help! Diamond saber no longer making sound  (Read 1297 times)
JayDrawsSocks
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 07, 2020, 07:46:19 PM »

Hi all, I just got my Diamond Saber today, I've been messing around with its pre-programmed sound fonts today, and while trying to change it my saber turned off with the sound still playing. Then when I turned it back on the sound completely stopped except for a very faint high pitched ring when I put the speaker next to my ear. Is this a problem with low batteries or have I somehow messed up the wiring? Any help is appreciated.

I've also posted this on technical but I'm new here so I dont know if I should have posted it here instead.

Thanks much

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 08:42:52 PM »

Hi all, I just got my Diamond Saber today, I've been messing around with its pre-programmed sound fonts today, and while trying to change it my saber turned off with the sound still playing. Then when I turned it back on the sound completely stopped except for a very faint high pitched ring when I put the speaker next to my ear. Is this a problem with low batteries or have I somehow messed up the wiring? Any help is appreciated.

I've also posted this on technical but I'm new here so I dont know if I should have posted it here instead.

Thanks much

When your batteries get low the led will flicker then go off completely.  The sound will continue to play for a little while after the led has gone off. So I don't think it's your batteries.
 I think you triggered the on board mute function.
Hold the power button and trigger flash on clash twice. The blade will go dark but the sound will still play. Tilt the blade up to increase sound. Tilt the blade down to decrease sound. Press the power button again to exit mute/ volume adjustment menu.

If that works let us know. If it doesn't work, also let us know. There are other things that could cause this problem, but the mute function is the most likely.

JayDrawsSocks
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 11:53:23 PM »

When your batteries get low the led will flicker then go off completely.  The sound will continue to play for a little while after the led has gone off. So I don't think it's your batteries.
 I think you triggered the on board mute function.
Hold the power button and trigger flash on clash twice. The blade will go dark but the sound will still play. Tilt the blade up to increase sound. Tilt the blade down to decrease sound. Press the power button again to exit mute/ volume adjustment menu.

If that works let us know. If it doesn't work, also let us know. There are other things that could cause this problem, but the mute function is the most likely.

Thank you! This worked! My diamond saber has also been unable to connect to the Diamond controller on my PC, I tried it on my Windows 10 desktop, and windows 8 laptop, and my old windows 7 laptop, and it hasnt been able to connect. I've followed the video exactly every time, has something about the way it connects changed?

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 03:48:04 AM »

Thank you! This worked! My diamond saber has also been unable to connect to the Diamond controller on my PC, I tried it on my Windows 10 desktop, and windows 8 laptop, and my old windows 7 laptop, and it hasnt been able to connect. I've followed the video exactly every time, has something about the way it connects changed?

I'm glad you got it working again.

The connection to your computers could be a lot of different things. 
It could be the cable. Are you sure it is a cable that is data transfer capable?

Are you running the editing program as an administrator?

I'm not the best with computers. Are your plug ins up to date on the computers?  That was not the right terminology. I hope you follow my meaning.

It could be a lot of things is my point. If you give me more details, I'll give you more advice.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 06:16:11 PM »

If this is a new diamond saber and your first time with a diamond board, read on... otherwise what I'm going to say is moot. Cheesy

you might not have a data-cable, but a charge-only cable... so if you have any other USB cables available, try that... usually electronics come with a cheaper cable that doesn't have the data side to it... ones that do will be those that expect you to connect your item to a PC (for instance, I use my Kindle cable)

the sequence is tricky once you have ascertained you have a data-capable cable: plug in the cable to your diamond board, turn on the saber, plug the USB side to your PC.... wait for it.... wait for it... wait for it... eventually a little pop up or default ding happens and your PC knows what to do with this.   Now, open the UltrasaberLauncher.

Once in the launcher, you should not have to fiddle with any of the 'auto' stuff... but you -will- want to update firmware.  My dominicide repair came back with a very old firmware on the diamond board that prevented the hold-stab motion to change font... freaked me out thinking I had a bad diamond.   So, that's the first step.

Next, with a diamond board, you want to switch to the "Diamond" tab... sometimes, that's not obvious.   You should see a listing of your fonts with your custom one being the first, then the standard default set.   You should click on that first one (blackstar, iirc) and go to Advanced mode, then save that font package to your PC... this is the only comes-with font that you won't be able to recover (the rest are default and available publically)

Good luck!

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: