Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Light Saber Changing Colors  (Read 1057 times)
O-Jenrok
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: July 10, 2020, 04:48:11 PM »

Good afternoon fellow Force Users,

I received my mystery box a few days ago and it is a Dark Sentinel LE v4 with purple saber (stunt). When my children were playing with the saber, it turned from purple to pink and then red. It did this often and I only told them "the Force is changing the color because it feels your hate". But, when I would turn it off for an hour, it is back to purple. I installed new batteries and the purple is even brighter now, but they haven't played with it long enough for it to turn pink and then red. Is this a common thing lets say, if the batteries are getting low or is there something else going on?

I have a small clip to show everyone what I'm talking about, but I am not sure how to upload the clip on here. Either way, the kids and I can create a story as they are fighting as they are slowly turning to the dark side. LOL

Thank you

Dark Sentinel v4 - Red - Mystery Box (Stunt)
Dark Sentinel LE v4 -  Violet Amethyst - Mystery Box (Stunt)

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 04:54:08 PM »

This is pretty standard for Violet Amethyst as it is made from a Blue diode and a Red diode mixing together.
The Blue diode requires more voltage to work, so as the batteries drain, there is only enough voltage for the Red.

It's basically an indicator to change the batteries or recharge them if they are rechargeable (highly recommended)

Kudos on incorporating that dark side bit into your playtime with the kidos!

-

O-Jenrok
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »

This is pretty standard for Violet Amethyst as it is made from a Blue diode and a Red diode mixing together.
The Blue diode requires more voltage to work, so as the batteries drain, there is only enough voltage for the Red.

It's basically an indicator to change the batteries or recharge them if they are rechargeable (highly recommended)

Kudos on incorporating that dark side bit into your playtime with the kidos!

-

LOL Absolutely and it all totally makes sense! Thank you for the reply. I find it overwhelming satisfying that they were embracing their dark side transformation. LOL

Dark Sentinel v4 - Red - Mystery Box (Stunt)
Dark Sentinel LE v4 -  Violet Amethyst - Mystery Box (Stunt)

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 10:46:52 PM »

As Gelef said, it just needs new batteries. See here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=185.0

And it sounds like you got a pretty sweet mystery box as well. The Sentinel line is a good starter saber, good choke points for easy grip and comfortable in the hands.

Also agree with Galef, LOVE the explanation to the kids as to why it changed color. For the record, the "approved by me" Sith blade colors are Blazing Red, Fire Orange, Pyrestone Orange, and Hot Pink. Bane's Heart is currently going through a probationary period as well.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 01:57:10 AM »

For the record, the "approved by me" Sith blade colors are Blazing Red, Fire Orange, Pyrestone Orange, and Hot Pink. Bane's Heart is currently going through a probationary period as well.
For me, I'd add Violet Amethyst to that list as well. Any color that has close to 50% Red can be a Sith color.
After all, Darth Revan used a Purple blade along with his Red one.

Any color with about 50% Blue or Green is a Jedi color.
GB, AB, CG, SRD, SY (SY has way more Green than Red) & BVA

Violet Amethyst is, at least in my opinion, the only color that comfortably fits both Jedi or Sith aesthetics.

-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: