Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Do I need a VP1 Charger if the saber has Recharge port?  (Read 1589 times)
mr.fretless5
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 10, 2020, 08:06:10 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and Ultrasabers in general.

I am interested in ordering an Empress saber, and have a question (already sent an email to info@ultrasabers.com address, no answer yet)
For Battery Configuration: do I need the VP1 Charger if I'm ordering the Recharge Port+1.2A Charger?

The options I'm choosing are:
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup With BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)
Recharge Port: Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger

Does it make sense for the "No charger" and "Recharge port"?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »

If you get the recharge port, you do not need to get the VP1 wall charger.

You certainly can get it, should you ever, for whatever reason, want to take the batteries out of the saber, but it is not necessary to have when you get the recharge port. I've never ordered one when I get a recharge port on my sabers (basically, if I order a saber with sound, I get the recharge port).

Also, excellent choice in going with the recharge port. It has many benefits, and in my opinion is well worth the extra cost.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

mr.fretless5
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 11:33:25 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation.

Now let's see if I can just click that "Proceed to Checkout" button...

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 11:56:51 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation.

Now let's see if I can just click that "Proceed to Checkout" button...

Just don't forget all of the coupon codes you qualify for.  Cheesy

Forgot to ask, what are you ordering?

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

mr.fretless5
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 12:07:35 AM »

coupon codes? what? 

I'm ordering the Empress  Grin
Choose Your Configuration: Premium Obsidian Sound
Choose the color of your blade!: Sentinel Yellow
Flash on Clash: Flash Orange
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup With BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)
Recharge Port: Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger
Blade Length: NOT SURE YET if 36" Standard Size OR 32" Length
Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade
Empress Body Type: No Engraving Pattern
Sound: Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]
Switch Type: Black Non-illuminated AV Switch
Choose Blade Tip Type: POINTED TIP

I have a few Master Replica lightsabers, and wanted to extend my collection with this one

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 01:17:28 AM »

1) Get the 36" blade. If you find it to be too long you can always cut it shorter, whereas if you feel the 32" blade is too short, you cannot really make it longer.

2) Coupon codes, yes. By my estimate you're at ~$429 before tax and shipping. You're getting sound, so that automatically qualifies you for the 15% off coupon code, and at $429, you also qualify for free shipping (provided you live in the lower 48 United States), and a free blade plug. All the codes can be found here: https://ultrasabers.com/ and/or in this thread here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=45646.0

3) That's a pretty sweet setup you've picked out. Make sure to post pictures when it arrives.  Cheesy

mr.fretless5
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 01:59:46 AM »

Sounds Right, makes sense the 36", and I was checking my Master Replicas, that are around 33", so better go with 36"

Thanks for the coupon codes! I was not aware of that  Grin
Maybe now I can go for a Diamond Controller  Hahaha

BTW, besides the flexibility of Diamond Controller, is it much better than the Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]?

I think I'll place the order today or tomorrow, and then the long wait for arrival...

Thanks again

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 06:01:38 AM »

Sounds Right, makes sense the 36", and I was checking my Master Replicas, that are around 33", so better go with 36"

BTW, besides the flexibility of Diamond Controller, is it much better than the Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]?

I think I'll place the order today or tomorrow, and then the long wait for arrival...

Thanks again
I guess it depends what you want to do with it. The diamond controller can do many things! Such as changing blade colors. And I don't want that xD But that's just me!

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 08:04:29 PM »

Thanks again

The Diamond controller lets you do a billion things with color, gestures, sounds, etc. The Obsidian v4 lets you change sounds only. As far as sound quality between the two, there's no difference that I know of.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 08:48:18 PM »

The charger is only needed when you get more than one set of batteries - I recommend that, because you always have a fully charged spare set available. Just in case you need one Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: