Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My blade is falling out???  (Read 1919 times)
Cevanah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 12, 2020, 10:56:49 PM »

I've had my Empress saber for about a month now and have been absolutely loving it. Unfortunately about a week ago the blade began to just fall out. Everything else still works electronics wise just whenever I go to swing it the blade comes flying off. Does anyone know how to fix this? Do I have to send it back to US so they can fix it? I have already emailed and so far have heard nothing. Any help would be much appreciated Smiley

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 11:08:53 PM »

Does the retention screw that holds the blade in need to be tightened?

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Cevanah
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 11:14:20 PM »

I haven't tried that yet, I'm still very new new to sabers so my apologies if this is a dumb question, but how would i go about doing that?

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 02:09:26 AM »

Find the allen screw that holds the blade in. From what I've seen on the videos, it should be in the ring of windows around the emitter, probably on the opposite side from where the switch is.

With the blade fully seated in the emitter, tighten that until it's snug, but do NOT over tighten it. I believe the size needed is a 5/64" (which is the standard size for most US sabers) but hopefully someone else with an Empress can confirm this.

I'm guessing the screw is just loose and needs to be tightened down, and your issue will be solved.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »

What Sakura said, find the allen key and see if you can tighten the screw into the blade to hold it. It tends to get loose which is normal especially when you play with the lightsaber, duel, and spin

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 05:21:41 PM »

I should have mentioned that, if it continues to come loose over time, put some Loctite thread locker on it (make sure it's thread locker and not one of their adhesives). DO NOT use super glue or anything like that.

Essentially you want this: https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Heavy-Duty-Threadlocker-Single/dp/B000I1RSNS/ref=asc_df_B000I1RSNS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198054161189&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8214276471119292130&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005660&hvtargid=pla-350863460111&psc=1

Luliouse
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 07:14:29 PM »

Would it hurt the blade if you drill a small divit in to it (not going compleetely through) for the retention screw?

May the Force be with you... Always

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 07:41:05 PM »

Would it hurt the blade if you drill a small divit in to it (not going compleetely through) for the retention screw?

You could potentially do that, but you'd have to be pretty careful to ensure it doesn't go all the way through the blade. If you are using a heavy grade blade then it would probably be ok, a midgrade... eh, I think I would just go with the drop of Loctite like Sakura mentioned.

Also bear in mind that if you did drill a small divot into the blade then it would obviously only function if you lined up the blade perfectly into the hilt. More than likely you'd have to remove the retention screw completely, swivel the blade around until you found the divot, and then reapply the screw and tighten. It just seems like more of a hassle than the Loctite. If you are constantly taking your blade out then maybe the divot would be preferable, otherwise the temporary hold Loctite would be what I would go with.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Luliouse
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 11:20:18 PM »

Agreed, espessially if your using the same blade for different holds.

May the Force be with you... Always

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: