Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tips for First Time Diamond Owners  (Read 3094 times)
DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« on: July 13, 2020, 05:56:35 PM »

I was thinking maybe we should have a "Start here" type post for those who just got their first Diamond board, tips and tricks from owners, things to look out for that might not be obvious, etc.  I know some of these come up every now and then, so maybe a place to start would help?   Maybe a FAQ section as well.  If worthwhile, hopefully everyone can add to this so folks have a starting point.

For instance:
Connecting your PC to your Saber:  
1) Download and Install the latest UltraSaberLauncher.
2) Get a data-capable USB cable, connect to the Diamond board (but not the PC)
3) Plug in your recharge port (if available) or make sure you have fully charged batteries, then turn on your saber, it should go to your current font's idle hum
4) Start UltraSaberLauncher, stay on the Main tab
5)  Plug USB cable to your PC... there should be a ding/ping from your PC once the USB driver engages.  Your saber should go quiet and the UltraSabersLauncher screen will now change the "Connect (Auto)" button to "Disconnect".  Green text should also show up in the "Welcome to Ultrasabers Laucnher" area, saying "Connected Diamond Controller v1 Serial Number [yourSN], Firmware version 243.
5b) If nothing happened after plugging the USB cable to your PC, unplug the cable from your PC and wait a second or two, plug back in.
6) if you're not on Firmware 243, click "Firmware Update"
7) Change to the "Diamond Controller" tab.
8 ) Run a full Diagnose, check everything, wait for a text window pop up.  Everything should come back clean, but sometimes, the default Obsidian font might have a misplaced LED... make a note of it and fix it later.
9) Go to "Font Wizard", it should pop up a new window.  Select your Obsidian font (should be #1) in the middle section, then "Write Font" on the left.  Look for the "Save Font" button on the right.  Save your font to your PC, this is the only customized font you get from US that isn't part of the default package.
10) Welcome to a brave new saber modifying world.   If you had any Effect errors, this would be a good time to fix it and save it out.

Other things:
* Remember you only get 20 LED points in the Effects area, going above will cause the UI to glitch... once it gets glitchy, be careful to diagnose your fonts before uploading to the board.
* in the Main tab, under Resources, you'll have access to the digital User Manual and movies showing the gestures.

FAQ:
* My saber turns on, but makes no sound - Check if you accidentally muted your saber by holding your AV switch down while getting two clashes within 1 second (tap the saber hilt against your palm quickly twice)   That should go back to the default hum so you can adjust by angling your saber up and down.  Press and release the AV switch to confirm and lock in the volume.   Alternatively, you can adjust it from the UltraSaberLauncher Diamond Controller tab.

* My saber does not change fonts when I hold down the AV switch and Stab - You might have gotten an old firmware back from UltraSaber if you just sent your board in for repair. Connect and see if you need a firmware update.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Vedauwoo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 03:12:36 PM »

This tips DO NOT work..... Cannot get new "empress" saber to connect, have installed software, unintalled software, installed software again with save connected and on, plugged in afrter starting launcher, unpluged and weaited a few seconds and tried again.....

NOTHING works.....have installed and uninstalled and installed several times now and still  no connection, launcher never recognized attached saber.....HELP!!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »

This tips DO NOT work..... Cannot get new "empress" saber to connect, have installed software, unintalled software, installed software again with save connected and on, plugged in afrter starting launcher, unpluged and weaited a few seconds and tried again.....

NOTHING works.....have installed and uninstalled and installed several times now and still  no connection, launcher never recognized attached saber.....HELP!!

Apparently they do in all likelihood work...

Follow up......I'm thinking my batteries were under 50%......once I charged them up, the launcher found the saber.

Just relaying the info, so others don't doubt the advice/information provided too quickly.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Seclareon
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 06:17:06 AM »

Try a USB 2.0 hub if your PC does not have a native 2.0 port. If your motherboard does not have a signed driver for 3.0 ports, then its possible you might not be able to get the device to be recognized over USB 3. I had to do it this way on my old Desktop. However USB 3.1 works just fine on my AW17 R5.

natedull
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 01:44:14 AM »

I'm sorry to be a darn newb here, but I cannot get the diamond controller for Windows to download/install.  I'm a Windows 10 user and have searched the forums - latest I found to download was v.264.  But I cannot get that to even install to begin the process.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as i'm stuck on switching colors every 3 seconds (mode). 

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 09:44:29 PM »

I'm sorry to be a darn newb here, but I cannot get the diamond controller for Windows to download/install.  I'm a Windows 10 user and have searched the forums - latest I found to download was v.264.  But I cannot get that to even install to begin the process.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as i'm stuck on switching colors every 3 seconds (mode).  
i thought you meant OS was not able to recognize the saber but see now it is installation...have you tried to run installer as administrator?
disable/halt any virus scanning tools maybe.
You mentioned not being able to "download/install" - which is it?  do you have the offline installer downloaded?  
Do you see any error messages appearing?
Any other details you can give?

US Launcher v2.64 is for Macs (notice it the *.app extension).  You need the v2.45 - https://1a32fe05fffb6725aab1-5c5b03604a40d0d2efae65b6edf685a4.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/UltraSabersLauncher_OfflineInstallerV245.zip

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: