Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: THE PHOENIX ARSENAL  (Read 9263 times)
Jedi Skallagrimsson
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 12

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2020, 07:31:39 PM »

Great color combo on that Princess, I got the VA on my Dark Princess but I like that gold/violet combo!

Saber Arsenal:
Dark Initiate LE V5 (SRD), 2X Prophecy V3 (AB/VA), Dark Monarch (CG), Graflex CE (AB), Spectre (GB), Initiate V3 (AB), 2X Consular (CG/GB), Dark Catalyst  (CG), Manticore (VA/SRD), 2X Apprentice LE V5 (Staff)(SY), Archon V3.1 (CG), Dark Princess (VA), Dark Apprentice V4 (SRD)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2020, 07:45:10 PM »

Great color combo on that Princess, I got the VA on my Dark Princess but I like that gold/violet combo!

I was debating on getting the dark hilt, but something about the gold just seemed right.  Either way, the construction of the hilt itself is really fine, whatever color you pick.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2020, 11:13:14 PM »

Fantastic collection!

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2020, 02:49:34 AM »

Fantastic collection!

It's gotten off to a good start, and I'm looking forward to adding to it.   Grin

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2020, 12:30:05 AM »

Those are some great choices! Waiting until Christmas is going to be tough! But if you need one more excuse to check them out, since you’ll be waiting 3 months until you get to play with them, take out the batteries with anything that has sound. Sound sabers will drain your batteries. And recharagable batteries shouldn’t sit that long in the saber when not in use. Also, lithium Ion batteries retain their life best if you charge them regularly—like once every month or so. They won’t fade a whole lot of you take them out of the saber, but still may want to give them a charge before Christmas—just because 3 months is a while—and they’ll be ready to go Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2020, 12:56:18 AM »

Those are some great choices! Waiting until Christmas is going to be tough! But if you need one more excuse to check them out, since you’ll be waiting 3 months until you get to play with them, take out the batteries with anything that has sound. Sound sabers will drain your batteries. And recharagable batteries shouldn’t sit that long in the saber when not in use. Also, lithium Ion batteries retain their life best if you charge them regularly—like once every month or so. They won’t fade a whole lot of you take them out of the saber, but still may want to give them a charge before Christmas—just because 3 months is a while—and they’ll be ready to go Smiley

Way ahead of you, my friend; I took the batteries out of all the sabers when I was done making the video.   I plan on setting it all back up and charging them up a few days before Christmas, that way they'll be ready to go.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2020, 01:02:35 AM »

Way ahead of you, my friend; I took the batteries out of all the sabers when I was done making the video.   I plan on setting it all back up and charging them up a few days before Christmas, that way they'll be ready to go.

Sounds good! Since you said it was your first unboxing I figured i would mention it just in case. BTW, did you pay extra for sound in the Frankensaber, or just got lucky? I haven’t seen a lot of folks get sound in those. It’s a great saber regardless.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2020, 10:05:51 PM »

Sounds good! Since you said it was your first unboxing I figured i would mention it just in case. BTW, did you pay extra for sound in the Frankensaber, or just got lucky? I haven’t seen a lot of folks get sound in those. It’s a great saber regardless.

I did have to pay extra for the sound, recharge port with cable, the illuminated switch, and flash on clash, although I did not specify the color.  Luckily it was just a matter of a few back-n-forth emails, and they explained the payment process to me, it was pretty simple.   The only reason I did it was because it was a Frankensaber, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to jazz it up even more.  The end result speaks for itself.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2020, 03:11:03 PM »

I did have to pay extra for the sound, recharge port with cable, the illuminated switch, and flash on clash, although I did not specify the color.  Luckily it was just a matter of a few back-n-forth emails, and they explained the payment process to me, it was pretty simple.   The only reason I did it was because it was a Frankensaber, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to jazz it up even more.  The end result speaks for itself.

I wasn’t thinking when I got my Frankensaber, and I ended up sending it back in to have it upgraded with Diamond sound/color, recharge port, Covertec wheel, and illuminated AV switch, and the cost difference in sending it back convinced me that if I ever win another Frankensaber, I will get it upgraded before they ship it to me.  I’m VERY happy to have it upgraded, but I could have saved the disassembly/reassembly fee and the round-trip shipping costs by getting the upgrades done before I ever held it.

Having said that, I needed to wait THIS time because of several factors, including the simple fact that I didn’t know I WANTED any upgrades.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 04:03:03 PM »

I wasn’t thinking when I got my Frankensaber, and I ended up sending it back in to have it upgraded with Diamond sound/color, recharge port, Covertec wheel, and illuminated AV switch, and the cost difference in sending it back convinced me that if I ever win another Frankensaber, I will get it upgraded before they ship it to me.  I’m VERY happy to have it upgraded, but I could have saved the disassembly/reassembly fee and the round-trip shipping costs by getting the upgrades done before I ever held it.

Having said that, I needed to wait THIS time because of several factors, including the simple fact that I didn’t know I WANTED any upgrades.

Not to mention the wait time to get it back after you ship it out to the company, and hoping nothing happens in transit...better to get it done ahead of time, if possible.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2020, 04:47:17 PM »

Not to mention the wait time to get it back after you ship it out to the company, and hoping nothing happens in transit...better to get it done ahead of time, if possible.

Oh, yeah!  I had the thing insured for $700 when I shipped it, simply because it’s unique and irreplaceable.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2020, 09:04:49 PM »

Good stuff!!! Grin

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2020, 11:56:31 PM »

Been rewatching my video; that Frankensaber is definitely a two-hander.  No whirling or twirling with that one, that's a William Wallace bulldozer.    Cheesy

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Gray Jedi Ret Soref
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Guardian of Balance

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2020, 03:10:14 AM »

Salutations, friends and neighbors.....

Oh how eagerly I've been waiting to start this thread....so my plan is, whenever I get an order from Ultrasabers, this is where I'll post my videos and photos.  And what better way to kick it off than with my very first unboxing video.  Pictures will be posted separately.

Full disclosure....you'll hear it in this video, but the second I picked up that first saber for the first time, the kid in me came right out, I couldn't help myself.  And my mother, who was with me watching (she's not on camera but you'll hear her at times), she got as into it as I did.  We had a great time.  This was all absolutely worth the wait.

Okay, enough rambling.....click this Vimeo link (hopefully it works...) and enjoy.    Cool

https://vimeo.com/439950116

Dude! Seriously cool Frankensaber!! I didn't realized I could opt for upgrades on it, I'll have to email US myself. Gotta have sound on it!

Great minds think alike; I had two Fallen LEs in my cart before I decided to make the switch to the Spectre.  Great haul, man. Congrats!

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2020, 11:07:10 AM »

Dude! Seriously cool Frankensaber!! I didn't realized I could opt for upgrades on it, I'll have to email US myself. Gotta have sound on it!

Great minds think alike; I had two Fallen LEs in my cart before I decided to make the switch to the Spectre.  Great haul, man. Congrats!

Oh, if you saw the video, then you know how i feel about the Fallen.  I HIGHLY recommend that as a future purchase.

As for upgrading the Frankensaber; when you email them, include your order number in the subject line and mention it right there, "Frankensaber upgrading"  Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS: