Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: YES, I'M GIVING ULTRASABERS FIVE STARS (and here's why....)  (Read 5504 times)
Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« on: July 20, 2020, 09:06:52 PM »

Salutations, friends and neighbors....

Okay...I'm willing to bet that a lot of you are going to be reading this with a look of disgust on your faces.  Let me first say this: I know a lot of you have had, or are having a lousy experience with Ultrasabers.  I don't deny that they're having problems, and some of them, namely the hit-and-miss email replies, are issues that the company needs to address ASAP.  Some of the issues are not their fault, but some of them are of their own doing. I totally get why a lot of you would leave a 1 star review (or worse) if you had the chance.

However, I did not experience those issues, as you will read here.  This is not about the experience that other people are having, this is about MY experience.  I've told parts of this already here and there on this site, but this is the full story.

If I may begin at the beginning.....

I placed my order on June 1, (5 sabers and 4 giveaways) and found this site a few days later.  After hearing about a few people who had their sabers upgraded, I emailed Ultrasabers on June 9, asking if it was too late to get a few extra stuff added to the Frankensaber that would be sent to me.  On June 12, I heard back from Aria who told me that it would be an estimated 3-4 weeks to process the order, and so it wasn't too late to request the upgrades; she gave me a list of what could be offered, and the costs.

I'll freely admit that I took the 3-4 week estimate with a grain of salt - besides reading some of the stories on here, my reasoning was that if things had gotten so bad that Amazon Prime couldn't guarantee 2 day shipping anymore, then I really shouldn't expect this big order anytime soon.  But, the upgrades were too good to pass up, so I replied to Aria and told her what I wanted to get.  Within 2 days, she got back to me and told me what I needed to do to order them, and instructed me to email her back so she could link that order with my previous one, and I did so.  Within  24 hours, she emailed me confirming that it was a done deal.  I stopped emailing after that, because my issues had been taken care of.

Time passed, and on July 10, which was a Friday, a lot of people on here were raving about how they were getting replies to their emails asking about production delays, and so I figured, why not?  The following Monday would be 6 full weeks, what could it hurt?  So I fired off a quick email just asking what was up.   About two hours later - faster than I was expecting - I got a reply from Nichole who told me that both the Fallen and Savior hilts were on back order.   I wasn't thrilled at the news, but I wasn't surprised either; quite a few others who ordered the Fallen had been told the same thing.  I emailed Nichole back asking how long of a wait I was looking at, because I really didn't want to switch hilts.

Just over an hour later, I got my reply; Nichole investigated a little further, and it turns out that the version of the Savior that they had didn't have was not the one I ordered, and that someone who had ordered the black Fallen had swapped it out for a different color, and Nichole was able to grab it for me.  My order was being assembled and would ship out within a couple of days.

As I picked my jaw up off the floor (only slightly exaggerating here) I realized how lucky I had gotten; if Nichole hadn't checked when she did, or decided not to check at all, I would have missed out.  Right place, right time.

The following Monday - six weeks to the day after I ordered - my order shipped, and I had it that Thursday.   My review of the sabers themselves is posted elsewhere; long story short, they're perfect.  I intend to email both Nichole and Aria after I post this to thank them for their help.

I know a lot of you are still waiting, and have been waiting for a long time.  If you can continue to hold out, your order WILL get shipped, and it will be worth it - these sabers really are fantastic.  If nothing else, don't let any bad experience you're having keep you from enjoying the product.  For my part, I really hope that the issues they're having are just a side effect of this crappy year that is 2020, and that they'll turn things around soon, and yes, I do plan on ordering again.

That's it, that's my story.  Five Stars for Ultrasabers.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »

Well said JP

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

SeenAGreatLight
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

Light-seeker

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 05:50:16 AM »

Thanks for your uplifting story, Phoenix.  It's good to hear a good experience and kind compliments of the company amidst stories of frustration.

"You're still struggling with the Dark Side."
"We will always struggle, but that is the test."
     -- Cal Kestis and Cere Junda

-----==]| Astrium Spectrum - A Jedi: Fallen Order Soundfont by SeenAGreatLight |[==-----

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 11:16:46 AM »

Thanks for your uplifting story, Phoenix.  It's good to hear a good experience and kind compliments of the company amidst stories of frustration.

Thanks.   I know it's a double edged sword; what happened with me is fine for me, but it does highlight the fact that a bunch of other people aren't having the same luck.  But, on the other hand, when people like Nichole and Aria get it right, that kind of news should be shared

Like I've said before, I think (and certainly hope) that all this kerfuffle is just temporary.    We'll see.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 11:49:39 AM »

Thank you JP for demonstrating temperance, patience, and maturity with not only your order but especially the latitude that you gave the employees over at Ultrasabers.  It's always a pleasure to see a fellow saber enthusiast in the forums who is also damned decent  Smiley

My hat's off to you, sir!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 12:18:40 PM »

Thank you JP for demonstrating temperance, patience, and maturity with not only your order but especially the latitude that you gave the employees over at Ultrasabers.  It's always a pleasure to see a fellow saber enthusiast in the forums who is also damned decent  Smiley

My hat's off to you, sir!

Point!

*tips hat*  Appreciate it, thanks.

Like I've said, I'm not dismissing anyone's bad experience with the company, I'm just sharing my good experience.   If I had to go through a longer wait time than I had, with no communication.....I wouldn't be thrilled about it, but I'd still take it in stride for the most part, since I knew I would be getting my order when they could assemble it.

It's just how I'm wired.  I'm not in the habit of blaming people for what's not their fault, and some problems are just too small to get really riled up over.  I'll admit that last point is a matter of perspective, but it comes from personally having a bad year.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »

Great review, Jedi_Phoenix.

thegramreaper
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 06:22:15 PM »

Glad to know at least someone's getting something.

I still haven't gotten any response to any of the e-mails I've sent over the past month and I'm closing in on 10 weeks now.

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 07:52:56 PM »

Well said and wisely spoken. I have never been so put off by a issue that I would resort to the bashing and lashing out that I see on here. I have, and will continue to give US 5 stars.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

SandmanLLL
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 08:48:08 PM »

How can you give them 5 stars when they didn't deliver your product in the agreed time period and never communicated that there would be an issue with the order until you contacted them AFTER that time had past?

Doesn't that have to be part of the "star" system somewhere? 

I mean, sure 4 stars for the quality of the product etc... but I think 5 is a stretch... unless of course you mean 5/10 or something.... Smiley

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 09:34:29 PM »

How can you give them 5 stars when they didn't deliver your product in the agreed time period and never communicated that there would be an issue with the order until you contacted them AFTER that time had past?

Doesn't that have to be part of the "star" system somewhere? 

I mean, sure 4 stars for the quality of the product etc... but I think 5 is a stretch... unless of course you mean 5/10 or something.... Smiley

I was never given a guarantee of 3-4 weeks, I was given an estimate.   There is a difference.  When you're given an estimate, the assumption is that the person or organization will do their best to meet those terms, but there must be consideration that outside factors might not make it possible.  And there certainly were outside factors aplenty; I didn't need to be told that from them.

And at any rate, I was never concerned about the waiting time in the first place.  I was ordering Christmas gifts in June.   As long as I knew I was going to get my order completed correctly, it could have taken an extra few weeks longer than it did and I would have put up with it.  Yeah, the anticipation would have driven me nuts, but I wouldn't have been demanding my money back over it.  I've learned not to sweat over the small stuff and to me, the waiting time was small stuff, as long as I knew i was getting what I paid for.

The few issues and questions that I did have were dealt with quickly, and to my satisfaction.   Once I was told my order would be shipped in 1-2 days, it was indeed.  And upon inspection of my order, it was just perfect.

So, like I said....5 stars from me.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 01:45:12 PM »

Well said, Jedi_Phoenix!

I’m glad you had such a good experience, and I’m glad you posted here.  Thanks for being so positive about what some folks are taking so negatively, too.  I agree with you; some things could certainly be better, but the 3-4 weeks of lead time listed on the US site represent an estimate, not a guarantee.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Jedi Skallagrimsson
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 12

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »

Great story, I have also had very good customer service with Ultrasabers. I know people are upset about extended wait times but i do believe they are doing their best to catch up both with orders and emails.

Saber Arsenal:
Dark Initiate LE V5 (SRD), 2X Prophecy V3 (AB/VA), Dark Monarch (CG), Graflex CE (AB), Spectre (GB), Initiate V3 (AB), 2X Consular (CG/GB), Dark Catalyst  (CG), Manticore (VA/SRD), 2X Apprentice LE V5 (Staff)(SY), Archon V3.1 (CG), Dark Princess (VA), Dark Apprentice V4 (SRD)

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 01:50:34 AM »

Great story, I have also had very good customer service with Ultrasabers. I know people are upset about extended wait times but i do believe they are doing their best to catch up both with orders and emails.

So do I.  I mean, yeah, I think a few updates on the website would go a looooong way to pacify a lot of people, but as far as trying to get orders out, I have no trouble believing they're working around the clock.

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
Shock - Consular Green

FAMILY SABERS:
Savior - Violet Amethyst

Darth Kalis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 12:28:36 AM »

My experience has been the opposite of that, but that's my problem, not yours. I'm truly happy that things worked out the way they did for you. I hope that you enjoy your sabers and your future orders are handled just as well. I also hope that this is just a temporary set of circumstances for US and that they get their act together as a whole in the near future.

Again, I'm very happy that your experience was so good. enjoy your sabers and your good fortune.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: