Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Active Martial Artists  (Read 3412 times)
HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« on: July 21, 2020, 03:33:42 AM »

If you are an active practitioner of any discipline  what are you doing during this covid situation. A student are you working out at home ? Instructor are you keeping in touch with student and how are you doing it ?

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »

Not that active nowadays, having a kid and stuff... Had to take a step back from my training.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »

Not that active nowadays, having a kid and stuff... Had to take a step back from my training.

was trying to see how many practitioners were into light sabers and how they are engaging there students while not being to able to hold classes 

Own

Wish list

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 03:35:51 PM »

was trying to see how many practitioners were into light sabers and how they are engaging there students while not being to able to hold classes 
That's a good question. I'm not that in touch with my old dojo. Many of them liked or loved SW. But to go into lightsaber training? I don't know. It can be used instead of a boken though... And staff sabers can be used instead of bo...

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 04:28:42 PM »

That's a good question. I'm not that in touch with my old dojo. Many of them liked or loved SW. But to go into lightsaber training? I don't know. It can be used instead of a boken though... And staff sabers can be used instead of bo...
I dont train in swords just Bo and sai. I have a saber staff and i use it all the time with my students in fact one student just ordered a saber staff and others want to order i plan on having SW weapons class nights when i can get back to working inside again

Own

Wish list

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 04:33:45 PM »

I dont train in swords just Bo and sai. I have a saber staff and i use it all the time with my students in fact one student just ordered a saber staff and others want to order i plan on having SW weapons class nights when i can get back to working inside again
Ahah I'd love it if an instructor would bring a lightsaber or a lightsaber staff xD

Owned :
* Dominix VA
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 07:46:27 PM »

My daughter practices TaeKwonDo and has built a customer saber from TCSS that precisely matches the size of the shinai they train with sometimes. She recently did a Demonstration Camp and at the end of the camp they broke 2 boards. Since she was at the level for weapons  training she was shown some sword technique and decided to do a break with those. Come breaking day she asked me to bring in her sword meaning her shinai which I did but I also brought in her saber. So she did her breaks with that.

After that the demo team she was on was planning on having the members that are at the right level do a sword pomade (forms) and a mock one on one battle. She talked them into using lightsabers for that so we spent a couple of weeks dragging all of my stunt sabers to practice. When the team performed before the belt test the white belts to be tested ( they only performed for those taking their first test) were very impressed .

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »

My daughter practices TaeKwonDo and has built a customer saber from TCSS that precisely matches the size of the shinai they train with sometimes. She recently did a Demonstration Camp and at the end of the camp they broke 2 boards. Since she was at the level for weapons  training she was shown some sword technique and decided to do a break with those. Come breaking day she asked me to bring in her sword meaning her shinai which I did but I also brought in her saber. So she did her breaks with that.

After that the demo team she was on was planning on having the members that are at the right level do a sword pomade (forms) and a mock one on one battle. She talked them into using lightsabers for that so we spent a couple of weeks dragging all of my stunt sabers to practice. When the team performed before the belt test the white belts to be tested ( they only performed for those taking their first test) were very impressed .

Nice, I can not wait to the local facility where i train/instruct opens back up

Own

Wish list

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 12:35:40 PM »

I got back into Taekwondo for a little over a year now and have been training even when we were still sheltered in. Our classes became virtual and we had one 1on1 training a week so the training can focus on your form. 

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »

I have managed to get a few of my student to meet me in the park on a regular schedule though not all at once 1 on 1, 1 on 2, etc

Own

Wish list

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 05:02:43 PM »

I got back into Taekwondo for a little over a year now and have been training even when we were still sheltered in. Our classes became virtual and we had one 1on1 training a week so the training can focus on your form. 

This is how my daughters school was doing it. They still have zoom classes but there are some live classes with limited attendance and masks.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 07:19:26 PM »

Great way to reach out, I've been stuck solo since all this began. I hesitate to risk much of anything right now, which is unfortunate. I really can't wait to get back to organized training when things have stabilized. Watching videos just isn't cutting it right now... nothing against the quality of the videos, it's simply not the same. Keeping myself going is about all I've been up to, just repetitions of drills and strength training. Safe to say I miss having partners for sparring or drills on a regular basis.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points only, please.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 02:03:07 AM »

100 Day Pell Challenge.  Look them up on Facebook.  The individual who runs it is my Sensei.  She actively teaches and practices Full Contact Armored Combat, Historical European Cut and Thrust as well as Rapier, and is an active Lightsaber duellist. 

Youtube will also have quite a few videos on this challenge.  I've completed in multiple times.  It's a fantastic way to develop your swordsmanship or saber skills, solo.

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 02:09:56 AM »

100 Day Pell Challenge.  Look them up on Facebook.  The individual who runs it is my Sensei.  She actively teaches and practices Full Contact Armored Combat, Historical European Cut and Thrust as well as Rapier, and is an active Lightsaber duellist. 

Youtube will also have quite a few videos on this challenge.  I've completed in multiple times.  It's a fantastic way to develop your swordsmanship or saber skills, solo.
Very cool! That sounds like a great protocol/challenge. In the words of Bruce Lee, "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points only, please.

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2021, 02:16:04 AM »

Very cool! That sounds like a great protocol/challenge. In the words of Bruce Lee, "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

I took that quote to heart, when I was fighting in armor.  When you're fighting a sword and shield, there aren't that many openings to exploit.  So I trained myself to make a strike called a "slot shot" my bread and butter shot.  It targeting an opening at mid chest height between the shield and the forte of the sword.  It's target is the bicep of the sword arm.  I performed this shot a minimum of 100 times a night, every night, until I could do it without any conscious thought.

I highly recommend this challenge to anyone who wants to improve.  If you do seek out Syr Brealthen des Raimes, tell her Sextus sent you.  She also duels with lightsabers, and she and I will be training in this discipline, together.

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: