Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My lightsaber wont turn on after applying sound fonts.  (Read 4101 times)
ProPaks
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 23, 2020, 09:57:58 PM »

so i just got my ultrasaber in the mail yesterday and i was happy with it but i knew that since i have the obsidian soundboard v3, i can add custom fonts, but only on to the one bank. I purchased a Darth Vader
Rogue one font because i was dying to use it. The bad part is that i have windows 10 so the software for the obsidian board is pretty outdated. This really sucks because i had to keep unplugging and plugging it in and booting the software in the windows 8 support mode thing until eventually it worked. i set the fonts and it sounded pretty good but i wanted to adjust it more for it to be perfect. As i was going to keep plugging it in and out although i didn't wanna have to do that it was my only option because id hate to downgrade to windows 8 let alone buy a laptop with windows 8. So as i was going for my second attempt to get the lightsaber to show up in the software and my lightsaber started flickering and eventually the light faded and it turned off and ever since it wont turn on at all. idk if i fried the soundboard, there was no loose wires, it was very bizarre. Now im upset because i spent $237 on a lightsaber that wont even turn on because of the incompatibility of the software on windows 10. I need someone to please help me asap, i have no other options, all i wanted was an accurate vader sounding lightsaber.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 03:12:37 AM »

Have you tried charging the batteries?

Since the saber has to be on constantly when you're making any changes to it, you probably had it running for a while, and if you started working on it straight out of the box, then the batteries weren't fully charged to begin with. It's a very good reason to get a recharge port, besides the convenience, you can just plug it in when you want to make changes and never have to worry about how long it takes or anything like that.

So yeah, nothing "bizarre" about it, the batteries probably just need to be charged.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

ProPaks
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 10:43:09 PM »

That’s the problem it never came with a recharge port so I can’t charge it. I just bought new batteries I’ll just have to keep doing that I guess.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 12:59:35 AM »

That’s the problem it never came with a recharge port so I can’t charge it. I just bought new batteries I’ll just have to keep doing that I guess.

Since it's Obsidian v3, I'm guessing you have a Lithium-Ion battery setup and probably at least have a charger that you can plug the batteries into if you don't have a recharge port.   Take those batteries out and charge them up, and get a second set of Li-Ion batteries that you can keep charged up and swap when the ones in your saber get weak.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 02:06:26 AM »

Uh, if it's an Obsidian v3, then it came with rechargeable batteries. If you didn't get the recharge port, then you should have bought a charger with it. If you decided not to do that, then all you have to do is buy a charger.

Or, I guess you could just keep buying rechargeable batteries and not recharge them ever....

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 06:21:14 PM »

Speaking of which, what kind of batteries did you buy? Because normal AA batteries, even rechargable NIMH AA batteries won't work. They have to be 14500 Lithium Ion batteries.

DO NOT try running the saber on normal AA batteries.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 12:07:26 AM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1il9N3hOEL_W6b6Y-pbvWvTpNEvuHblvh/view?usp=sharing
Hum is up!
 Grin

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 08:38:12 AM »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HpCSHaJ2SarYBSNWTRXfVEhocv-_9jbq
Files revision for Darth Vader.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: