Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Affordable Jedi Robe?  (Read 3384 times)
Hymn347
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

>>Light Side Points Please<<

« on: July 28, 2020, 08:23:08 PM »

Just looking for a decent quality Jedi Robe that will actually last and is a reasonable price.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

May the Force guide you and Peace find you.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 08:35:29 PM »

Just looking for a decent quality Jedi Robe that will actually last and is a reasonable price.

I have stuff ordered when it arrives and i get a chance to check it all out i will report back

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Hymn347
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

>>Light Side Points Please<<

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 09:39:59 PM »

I have stuff ordered when it arrives and i get a chance to check it all out i will report back

Thanks, I appreciate it

May the Force guide you and Peace find you.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 12:02:43 AM »

While you’re waiting, you could browse through some of the other threads in this sub-forum, and see what other folks have done.  If nothing else, you’ll learn stuff you might not have thought of, and it’ll help pass the time.  You might even find the answer to your question before HesaHeart gets his shipment, but you’ll certainly get exposed to a lot of good ideas.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 12:25:54 AM »

There are actually quite a few reviews of Jedi robes here on the site. Hit up the search function, limit your search to "Jedi Robe" and check the box so that it only searches the "Costumes and Props" section and you'll be golden.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 02:43:18 AM »

hey there! I was on the same quest as you. I have a thread you may wish to browse with my ups and downs of the process. Kenicky's on Etsy does an ok job but takes forever to deliver since he's in the U.K. He will work with you quite well though. Hit me up if you have questions.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 04:24:11 AM »

there was one person who used i think a bed sheet

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »

I have bought some stuff from Far Far Away Outfitters on Etsy and am pretty happy with them.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 12:19:20 PM »

Far Far Away Outfitters are great, I also recommend them

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:04 PM »

I think the terms "affordable" and "reasonable" are unspecific as a parameter. 

Buying from a shop, $30 or less is going to be low-grade material.  On the other hand, you might be able to make a good one from scratch for that amount.

Buying a hand-made one (ex. Jedi Closet or FFQ on etsy) will likely cost $50-$200 and the material and quality will be good.

If nothing else, those numbers set your expectation for what it may cost vs what you'll get.

As to "affordable", that opens a can of economic disparity worms.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 03:01:01 AM »

I picked up my set off Amazon a couple of years back. It's held up through several cons with no worries
Fit just fine, too
Set me back about $80 USD at the time
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XP4Q55W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Robes only, the boots cost almost bas much separately

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 03:37:44 AM »

I picked up my set off Amazon a couple of years back. It's held up through several cons with no worries
Fit just fine, too
Set me back about $80 USD at the time
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XP4Q55W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Robes only, the boots cost almost bas much separately

Hi Therion, I'm glad to hear the Cosplaysky tunics hold up well, I just bought a set of the "Obi-wan" white version off their main site. I'm doing the alterations now (things like press snaps on the shoulders to hold the tabbards in place and adding hook and eye fasteners inside to hold the tunic closed across the body). It is a good tunic set as a base to modify from.
However I have to wait for my new boots to arrive so I can get a matching belt. Still looking for a heavier weight material cloak/robe.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 02:41:47 AM »

Good to hear from you, Tyeth.
Foe me, the lighter cloak actually works better, mostly because I've semi-permanently attached it to the shoulders of my armor

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 11:28:29 AM »

Tyeth,

Any way you could send me a diagram of the various fasteners and their location on your robes? I have some strategically placed velcro at the moment that doesn't always stay put.

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 01:27:19 PM »

Tyeth,

Any way you could send me a diagram of the various fasteners and their location on your robes? I have some strategically placed velcro at the moment that doesn't always stay put.

Hi mrg149, this info is for the tunics not the robe/cloak itself. The positioning of the fasteners is tricky as it depends on your physique but I have placed two Hook and Eye fasteners at the same height from the bottom hem as the obi sash either side of the tunic (again you may only need one either side depending on the size of your fasteners and how "fitted" you want your tunic). Here's a really quick diagram and pics of the fasteners themselves...

Hopefully the diagram makes sense basically you place the hook and eyes to pull the tunic closed
For me I stitched an Eye near the side seam of the front and back panels of the tunic and the Hooks on the bottom flap hem. Then to secure the overlapping front flap you can position the eye on lower panel and the hook on the INSIDE of the overlapping flap. The obi will cover any stitching that may show through.

The collar fastener is again just trial and error as to how closed and where you want the collar to sit. But you will need to do "invisible" stitching so the fasteners don't show, i.e keep the knots on the thread inside the tunic and try to avoid stitching the hook too close to the edge of the hem.

I've probably explained this terribly but the idea came from how Disney fasten their GE Jedi tunics with buttons as you can see in this video (at the 2min mark)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnsreQaTo6I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnsreQaTo6I</a>

I just swapped buttons for more secure hook and eyes. The press snaps have two halves one plate with a Ball and the other is the Press Cap. Just stitch the Ball plates onto the shoulders of the tunic and then position your tabbards to work out where you need to stitch the Press Caps so they hang right. You can mark the position on the tabbard with a bit of chalk. HOWEVER, when stitching the Press Caps make sure you only stitch through the bottom layer of the tabbard so the stitching is hidden and doesn't show up on top.

Again I'm no Tailor or dressmaker so I hope this sorta makes sense and is of help!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: