Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Saber - LED make high pitched sound  (Read 1055 times)
SandmanLLL
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« on: July 30, 2020, 04:25:14 AM »

Hey Guys,

I notice  that the LED's on my new Diamond make a high pitched whine when they are on.  I noticed it first when I was in the Launcher testing different colours because none of the sounds were on.

I thought maybe it was just because I was using the launcher, but then I loaded a muted font and it's surprising loud and gets louder when more of the LED's are at max power.

None of the other sabers I have make this sound, but none of them are full RGB either.

Is this normal for the Diamond Sabers?

Thanks,

Ilowarith
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark leaning, but will allow the Force to choose.

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 12:11:10 AM »

I've also had this happen, & my limited understanding is that is has to do with the volume settings. The speaker is "on" even with the muted font. I've found that turning the sound down instead of using the mute font option works better and eliminates the whine.

Good is a point of view.

My sabers : Aeon v4 - CG - OBS LITE  - Green-silver AV - catalyst pommel - |w| ~ $75 MB upgraded
Electrum Wind - Diamond - VA - SY FoC
Sentinel v4 - Stunt - BR - Silver AV  ~ $75 MB
Dark Apprentice v4 - Stunt - BR
Aeon v4 - Stunt - AB - Silver AV ~ 2020 Spring raffle 4th place
Aeon v3 - Stunt - CG - Silver AV ~ $75 MB

Wishlist : Raven SS, Crimson Butcher, Crimson Savior, Emperor's Hand, Menace SE staff, Crimson Scorpion, Manticore, Flamberge v2, Dark Graflex, Lost Grey, Guardian, Dark Standard Issue v3, & Dark Apprentice LE v5

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 03:03:45 PM »

Check your LED to Sound configuration, as it makes a high pitched sound when there's no sound to play but there's still light to show.
I noticed this for a couple of defaults and fixed it in Ultrasaber Launcher, but I don't remember which ones have the problem any more.

The fix is in the Advance mode, make sure either that your light changes end before the sound wave ends.  This might also happen if you have something on 'play multiple times' in the LED side of things that goes past the sound file.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: