Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Saber Frakensaber?  (Read 2487 times)
Jahow
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: August 04, 2020, 06:37:35 PM »

So I just received my first mystery saber in the mail. And from what I can tell it's a catalyst emitter a manticor body and some other pommel. Is that common to get odd combinations in they mystery bag or is it a function of the parts shortage? Just curious. I like what I got so this isn't really a complaint just didn't think that was a possible outcome.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »

No, usually - from what I know - the mystery boxes are actual specific models.  What I think they're doing now is crafting Frankensabers with whatever they have available so they can get the backlog of mystery box orders out.  Which is a pretty cool idea, I think; i got a Frankensaber with my first order as a giveaway and love it.  Those are one-of-a-kind items.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 06:51:04 PM »

Welcome, yeah like Jedi Phoenix said this seems to be something new that they're doing. Super cool though because Frankensabers are the envy of many because of their uniqueness.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Jedi Skallagrimsson
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 12

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 08:06:21 PM »

Great time for mystery sabers, between Frankensabers and higher end sabers they are really taking good care of their customers.

Saber Arsenal:
Dark Initiate LE V5 (SRD), 2X Prophecy V3 (AB/VA), Dark Monarch (CG), Graflex CE (AB), Spectre (GB), Initiate V3 (AB), 2X Consular (CG/GB), Dark Catalyst  (CG), Manticore (VA/SRD), 2X Apprentice LE V5 (Staff)(SY), Archon V3.1 (CG), Dark Princess (VA), Dark Apprentice V4 (SRD)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 08:58:27 PM »

Dude, if you got a Frankensaber (which, based on your description, is EXACTLY what happened), you hit the bloody jackpot

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 09:47:36 PM »

So I just received my first mystery saber in the mail. And from what I can tell it's a catalyst emitter a manticore body and some other pommel.

Neat! Can we get pictures?

Is that common to get odd combinations in they mystery bag or is it a function of the parts shortage?

It's rare to the point that I think this is the first time in 5 years I've heard of it happening.

Just curious. I like what I got so this isn't really a complaint just didn't think that was a possible outcome.

I'd have said it wasn't possible, except it appears to have happened. Congratulations!

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Jahow
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 12:31:27 AM »

Yeah let me figure out how to post pictures in forums again....

Jahow
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 12:34:17 AM »

https://imgur.com/ioNcvzx

sorry can't figure out how to get it to show up here. there's the imgur link.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:43:34 AM »

A link works just as well as an embed....that's a nifty looking saber, actually.   Congrats!

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Jahow
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 12:47:05 AM »

Thanks! I was pretty pleased. The blue actuator button matches the blade etc. it's a pretty sweet setup.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1564

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 01:00:39 AM »

A link works just as well as an embed....that's a nifty looking saber, actually.   Congrats!

Hi Jahow and Jedi Phoenix,

Imgur is tricky to make links to as the URL you have is for the entire gallery page NOT the image. If using Windows you need to right click the picture in the gallery and open it in a new tab. A new tab will open with just the image (no frames or menus) in it and you then copy the URL in the address bar of this tab. Then type out your post here and insert the tab URL as normal. If you use the correct URL (which will begin something like https://i.imgur.comXXXXXXX)  it should work like this:

Remember right click picture, choose open image in new tab and copy the tab's URL for the image. It will read https://i.imgur.comXXXXXXX

Interesting saber, very distinctive, congrats and I hope this helps.

Jahow
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 01:11:08 AM »

Thanks!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1564

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 01:23:46 AM »

Hi Jahow,

No problem. And if you want to insert more than one image into your post unfortunately you will need to repeat the process for each image ok!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 01:56:08 AM »

I added a point for the pic... thanks for sharing!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 02:56:50 AM »

Nice saber. Wondering if this works for 75 mystery sabers as well, I wouldn't mind something on the unique side Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: