Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Cleaning Marks/Smudges on Blade  (Read 1273 times)
Christianj03
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 06, 2020, 06:53:14 PM »

Is there a way to clean the marks and smudges on your blade? I tried licking my finger and trying to rub it off, but it didn't work. Maybe soap and water?

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 07:49:36 PM »

Is there a way to clean the marks and smudges on your blade? I tried licking my finger and trying to rub it off, but it didn't work. Maybe soap and water?

We have several threads about this on the forum, here's one: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1195.0

Ultra himself says Windex or Goo Gone.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 08:38:58 PM »

I will mention it as I always do when talking about the blades, DO NOT USE ACETONE on them. It will produce a really neat chemical reaction which is not conducive to the continued existence of the polycarbonate material.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 09:12:56 PM »

I will mention it as I always do when talking about the blades, DO NOT USE ACETONE on them. It will produce a really neat chemical reaction which is not conducive to the continued existence of the polycarbonate material.

Good tip. After a little research it appears that Goo Gone is citrus based while Goof Off is indeed acetone based, definitely not a mistake to make.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

angelsdeath
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 11:16:10 PM »

I hope you didn't find the hard way but it kinda sounds like you did. Thanks for the heads up though.

May the Force be with you.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 04:33:18 AM »

Just water and a Magic Eraser sponge work good too.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 10:29:02 PM »

I hope you didn't find the hard way but it kinda sounds like you did. Thanks for the heads up though.

No, but I deal with Polycarbonate where I work, and one the first things I was taught very early on was not to use acetone on it.

If you want to have some fun and see what actually happens, take a couple of old CD's or DVD's (you kids do know what those are, yes?), scratch one up really well with some sandpaper or other abrasive surface, and put some very deep scratched in another with a screwdriver or other sharp object. The put a little bit of acetone on the damaged part of the surface, doesn't have to be a lot, and pretty much anything acetone based (like some nail polish removers) will work. Then just watch what it does to the polycarbonate (no, it won't explode, or anything like that. Other than normal handling precautions for the acetone, there's nothing to worry about).

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

angelsdeath
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »

No, but I deal with Polycarbonate where I work, and one the first things I was taught very early on was not to use acetone on it.

If you want to have some fun and see what actually happens, take a couple of old CD's or DVD's (you kids do know what those are, yes?), scratch one up really well with some sandpaper or other abrasive surface, and put some very deep scratched in another with a screwdriver or other sharp object. The put a little bit of acetone on the damaged part of the surface, doesn't have to be a lot, and pretty much anything acetone based (like some nail polish removers) will work. Then just watch what it does to the polycarbonate (no, it won't explode, or anything like that. Other than normal handling precautions for the acetone, there's nothing to worry about).
Good to know. And I just have to say that I grew up with vinyl, 8-tracks, and cassette tapes. I'm just new to high quality sabers. Haha

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

May the Force be with you.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 04:24:01 PM »

I've had really good luck with odorless mineral spirits and/or nail polish remover.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: