Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help and guidance with a mod  (Read 898 times)
Lifeleadership
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 07, 2020, 11:08:33 AM »

Hi, new to the group. I need some guidance from any and all lightsaber gurus out there. I've searched for a Solution, have emailed multiple sources, have scoured YouTube, the message boards and the internet, with no luck.

I created a full static display Darth Vader mannequin with a handmade platform and want to add a lightsaber that I can turn on and off remotely or by sensor. I realize it requires a mod but with the exception of one guy who has done it, I can't find a good solution.

I have a Black series Fx Darth Vader saber and was going to figure out a way to mod it but no one can tell me if it's possible. I did buy an AC to AA battery adapter where you place a dummy aa battery in the battery pack and it works when powered on. I was hoping that I could add a remote to the AC plug, which I did, and unfortunately, the on /off switch needs to be switched off and back on for this to work. Someone suggested hot wiring the switch together so it's always on but I'm not convinced that's any different than keeping the switch in the on position. Hate to mess with it if its not going to work

I am willing to buy another saber of any kind, either one that's pretty much ready to go or one that can be modified to turn on and off remotely. Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know it can be done since I've seen it, just can't get any true guidance anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here has ideas. Thank you in advance!

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 12:52:11 PM »

plug the ac adapetr into a smart plug outlet

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 05:28:56 PM »

plug the ac adapetr into a smart plug outlet

Now here is an excellent idea!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:56:31 AM »

Occam's Razor! That is an elegantly simpe solution

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: