Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: neopixel  (Read 2789 times)
nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 04:26:04 PM »

From researching for my own build - Ultrasaber hilt with neopixel setup - i would expect neo-pixel to hold up just fine in heavy combat.  Extra diffusion foam and even film can be added to give extra durability at the cost of brightness.  the LEDs are durable - it is the connections which are susceptible but those are repairable with moderate effort.

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 04:36:52 PM »

From researching for my own build - Ultrasaber hilt with neopixel setup - i would expect neo-pixel to hold up just fine in heavy combat.  Extra diffusion foam and even film can be added to give extra durability at the cost of brightness.  the LEDs are durable - it is the connections which are susceptible but those are repairable with moderate effort.

I would agree. The weak link is the connection between the blade and the in-hilt adapter pins . It’s common practice to add a setscrew to the emitter to fix the adapter in place, but has anyone else added a second setscrew to the blade area of the emitter to stabilize the blade position ?

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 05:28:31 PM »

[...] but has anyone else added a second setscrew to the blade area of the emitter to stabilize the blade position ?
I expect to do exactly that.  Using the standard blade retention hole to hold the blade and secure the hilt adapter in some fashion (screws, magic, etc.).
All this works out great in my imagination - i will share more once it has come to fruition.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 06:10:26 PM »

I expect to do exactly that.  Using the standard blade retention hole to hold the blade and secure the hilt adapter in some fashion (screws, magic, etc.).
All this works out great in my imagination - i will share more once it has come to fruition.

I vote for magic.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 06:43:42 PM »

I add a second retention screw to most of my sabers anyway and LED housing retention screws. When I do my pixel build I will not use the common contact connectors. I will have plugs on mine that slide in below the blade after being connected. It does mean I will have to build or at least rewire my own blades but that's half of the fun.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 06:53:14 PM »

I've built many Proffie NeoPixel sabers in the last few months. They have held up to my dueling just fine. NeoPixel blades are coming down in price all the time. I get mine from a US seller for 75 dollars with free shipping. They are heavy grade and foam padded on the inside. I foresee NeoPixel pricing to eventually be pretty comparable to where heavy grades are today. Technology is really pushing things forward.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 07:20:30 PM »

I've built many Proffie NeoPixel sabers in the last few months. They have held up to my dueling just fine. NeoPixel blades are coming down in price all the time. I get mine from a US seller for 75 dollars with free shipping. They are heavy grade and foam padded on the inside. I foresee NeoPixel pricing to eventually be pretty comparable to where heavy grades are today. Technology is really pushing things forward.

So... does that mean you see a day coming when UltraSabers might offer these for sale?  (Note that I’m not asking for a date, here... just inquiring about the eventual possibility.)

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 07:29:42 AM »

There was a post somewhere in wich Ultra or Deep said that the changes of that happening are increasing to a near 'yes' awnser.
But I can imagine with all the stuff going on lately that that has been delayed a bit.
And I can't find the post anymore, so.....

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 03:50:37 PM »

I add a second retention screw to most of my sabers anyway and LED housing retention screws. When I do my pixel build I will not use the common contact connectors. I will have plugs on mine that slide in below the blade after being connected. It does mean I will have to build or at least rewire my own blades but that's half of the fun.

Sounds like it’s a lot more secure interface. Is it something you’ve come up with, necessity being the Mother of invention? 

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »

It it more secure but less convenient. I was planning to do it before I looked into details but it is also outlined in the user/installer manual for one of the current pixel supporting soundcards available in the wild.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff