Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Tech Question  (Read 1747 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« on: January 09, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »

I had a random thought while poking around the internet and working out some ideas for my old S4 saber design. You see, I saw a guy who was thinking about running sound in a TCSS MHS hilt with the speaker up by the emitter instead of in the pommel, set up for the sound to come out of a crystal chamber, and I got to wondering.... would it be possible to somehow wire up an obsidian to have TWO speakers?

I was just thinking that would be awesome if there was a way to make it work, as I've played around with covering my speakers and what it's like to bounce the sound back up out the emitter. I kinda like that, and thought it would be interesting to try having sound come out of both ends. Anyone know if this would at all be doable?

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:18:54 AM »

Sounds like it would be cool if you could make it work - when you think about sound coming out of the pommel, well that's great for the wielder, but really the sound should be aimed at your opponent!

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »

Any board can be wired to have two speakers.  You would just have to split the wires coming off the board.  Downsides would include only sending half the available power to each speaker.  There are ways to fix that but really you would gett the same amount of sound divide over two locations.

It's a really cool idea I'll admit though!  I've thought about having the sound come out higher in the hilt, especially through a vented section.  It would make the saber seem louder since the speaker would project TOWARD the use rather than out the bottom at the ground.

So many different possibilities in this hobby!

Cheers.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:51:59 PM »

Sweet! Thanks for the help, Master MAV.

I'm not really sure exactly how I'll proceed with this wonderful new piece of saber knowledge, but I am sure I'll use it somehow. lol Right now, I'm leaning towards having dual speakers. Having some sound out the emitter area (likely via a crystal chamber) will be great for the realism of making it sound like the sound is coming FROM the blade, which is always the way I thought it would be for the most part. Then having sound in the pommel too just adds extra effect, and maintains that the actual guts of the thing would make a little noise too. *trips out*  Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: