Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need help with my Obsidian Sound. It wont come up on my computer  (Read 4705 times)
Hawk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« on: January 10, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

I just got my first lightsaber with sound. The new Guardian! I love it!

I picked up a usb cable so I could adjust the sounds...but nothing comes up when I plug it in.  Help?
I have Windows 7.

I went to devices and its shows Lightsaber in the list.

Im not really computer savy though.

If God and intended us to be naked, He would have created us that way....oh wait...
Play naked!

Hawk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:29:15 PM »

Also.. just to clarify...
When I plugged it in the drivers did not install for some reason.

I've tried it a few times. But now when I plug it in, I just get teh windows "ding dong" sound. But nothing happens at all.

And yes, I turn it on, then i plug it in. (well, the first time I plugged it in then turn it on).

Can anyone tell me what to do to get the launcher / drivers or whatever its called?

Thanks

If God and intended us to be naked, He would have created us that way....oh wait...
Play naked!

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:40:18 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn06zOvnkT0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn06zOvnkT0</a>

and also

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3693.0

Will solve your problems. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Hawk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »

Oh!  Okay... I'll try that.

According to these videos, its supposed to be that you just simply plug it in and its supposed to pop up.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_syQVAHGCYA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_syQVAHGCYA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HWmjoF2l0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HWmjoF2l0</a>

I'll see if I can get it to work using the instructions from the video you posted. Thanks!

Play naked!

Hawk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »

Okay. I got it.

But now it apprears I have another problem. Mine doesnt say 64 at the top.  So I guess I have to email them....

Play naked!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:57:20 PM »

I never noticed the 64 thing before myself, but once the program is installed you are supposed to be able to follow all the steps in the other video to load new fonts, and if you go to the main page of this forum, then click on the Obsidian Order section, you will find plenty of threads with info on your soundboard, extra sound fonts you can download, and info on how to create your own sounds with the .lsu converter. If you have any other troubles, you can check the forum or email info@ultrasabers.com or shipping@ultrasabers.com, or just post your question here and us forum guys will see what we can do for ya! Smiley

I am not a color...

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:43:59 AM »

Okay. I got it.

But now it apprears I have another problem. Mine doesnt say 64 at the top.  So I guess I have to email them....

If yours doesn't say 64, you probably don't have a XT 64.  If you don't have a breakout USB port, which I'm pretty sure you don't, then you don't have an XT 64.  So you are good to go.

Not every saber we ship with FoC is an XT 64.  If you don't have a breakout USB port, then it does NOT need to say 64.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Hawk
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 01:21:58 AM »

If yours doesn't say 64, you probably don't have a XT 64.  If you don't have a breakout USB port, which I'm pretty sure you don't, then you don't have an XT 64.  So you are good to go.

Not every saber we ship with FoC is an XT 64.  If you don't have a breakout USB port, then it does NOT need to say 64.

Oh! Okay...
Well, at the risk of sounding dumb....
What is a breakout USB port?
And what's the difference in XT vs the other boards? When I ordered there is only one option for boards in the choice drop down menu.
Is XT better?

Thanks!

Play naked!

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 05:17:39 AM »

XT is pretty much just the Do It Yourself version of the Obsidian board. The Breakout USB port is just a usb port that's on a wire, instead of attached straight to the board. It makes installation easier for people who like to just buy the parts and assemble everything themselves, other than that, it's just about the same thing as the normal Obsidian board. Smiley

I am not a color...

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 05:48:48 AM »

Why do people think the launcher is just going to open up automatically when the saber is plugged in?  Both videos clearly say you need to open the launcher and Deep shows himself double clicking the Launcher icon on his desktop to open it.

Many people have the impression that it's just supposed to do this all on it's own and I'd like to clear that up, so help me out by telling me where people might be getting this notion.  Thanks.

derpmeister66
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 06:27:00 AM »

so help me out by telling me where people might be getting this notion.  Thanks.

The majority of plug and play devices like MP3 players, cameras, printers, and whatever else usually automatically open their launchers.  Seems to be an assumption a lot of people make when dealing with new devices.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 01:24:59 PM »

The majority of plug and play devices like MP3 players, cameras, printers, and whatever else usually automatically open their launchers.  Seems to be an assumption a lot of people make when dealing with new devices.

True enough.  It's a sign of the times, computers are so intuitive that people likely expect them to do everything for them.

I'm old fashioned I guess, when there isn't an automatic launch I tend to click the icon first lol

Saberman5000
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »

Just wondering if I can use the custom sound files that I create now without my saber? I DL'd the Obsidian Launcher and have been messing around making custom config files just hope that I can use them when I get my saber on Monday. I really would recommend to anyone ordering for the first time to DL the Obsidian Launcher and make yourself familiar with the general setup. It really is pretty easy to use once you have also watched the videos.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: