Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Saber Sound Freeze  (Read 683 times)
Treva
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 31, 2020, 08:59:17 PM »

So my Sabers are not very old. My son and I have been enjoying them. We do light contact as he is 8 years old. However it seems like even light contact freezes the sound on my Diamond build saber. I can swing it around and everything is great till we start to play. A few hits is fine but even one can make the sound either stop entirely or freeze (playing the same note constantly). The only way to stop it is to turn my saber off and turn it back on. I made sure to get the heavy blades because I knew we would use them to play around. I don't see any damage to the hilt. I don't see any damage to the board either. I thought maybe the light shock of the blades clashing was causing it so I used a rubber band to try and keep the board in the hilt steadier and it doesn't matter. I repositioned the blade by pulling it out slightly so it isn't seated against the hilt inside and that has not helped either. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The other saber I purchased is not Diamond but also does not seem to have this issue. We can play with it and it does not have any issues at al. It too has a heavy blade. The only difference is the hilt and it is Emerald instead of Diamond. Just for more information my son's saber is a stunt saber and does not make noise.

Thanks in advance!

Treva
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 09:00:42 PM »

New development, I can't seem to remove the blade. I tried to loosen the screw and it will not turn. I actually ruined one of my allen wrenches trying. Any ideas?

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 10:58:43 PM »

To start, your screw seems either stripped, or it was screwed on too far and now is stuck under (inside) the hilt.  If the latter is the case, you have to punch it further into the blade to remove the blade.  Photos would help.

As for your Diamond Controller freezing up, have you edited the font you are using?  Does it happen on all/any font, or just the one? 

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Treva
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 03:02:35 PM »

To start, your screw seems either stripped, or it was screwed on too far and now is stuck under (inside) the hilt.  If the latter is the case, you have to punch it further into the blade to remove the blade.  Photos would help.

As for your Diamond Controller freezing up, have you edited the font you are using?  Does it happen on all/any font, or just the one? 

I think I got the Screw in too far as it will not turn either direction. I thought my blade was too loose and the shock of blades clashing was causing the sound issue. As for the sound issue, I have never edited my sound fonts. Everything was default as it was sent to me. I really liked my Obsidian sound with Banes Heart. I got ahold of someone from Ultra Sabers to get a Repair Order started. They should already have my Saber. Thankfully it hasn't been too long since I purchased my Saber so hopefully most of the repairs needed will be covered. I guess I will find out. Unfortunately I do not have the tools here to fix my saber. I have a Drill but no small Drill bits. I would be afraid of stripping the threads on the side of my hilt too.

Thank you for replying, it seems this part of the forum is dead. So I really do appreciate you taking the time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: