Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with main LED not lighting up  (Read 784 times)
Brad DeF
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 02, 2020, 06:59:55 PM »

Hello,
I received my new manticore yesterday and want to make sure I am not being a noob and see if I have a legit issue.

My Sunriders Destiny Main LED Light all of a sudden turned off this morning and wont turn back on, however the artic blue FOC and v4 sound continue to stay on and work just fine. I thought it may be the batteries so recharged them. The charger turned red so I let them charge for about 15 minutes until the charge lights turned green. Then I checked the batteries on my multimeter and got 4.16 and 4.18 voltage. I put them back in the saber and still have the issue where the main SRD led wont light up but FOC and sound works just fine. I made sure to use the correct batteries and charger as prescribed in other posts with similar issues. Is there something else I can try? Is the LED Broken?

Saber on but no light  Embarrassed

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »

It's not an LED issue as SRD and AB use the same LED dies (Green and Blue) but with different resistors. If one die would be damaged, you'd get either Guardian Blue or Consular Green, but not a mixture from these.

It could be a wiring issue on the negative of the main LED, leading to the LED(-) on the BuckPuck and the LED terminal of the sound board. FOC (which is a different negative, leading to the LED(-) on the BuckPuck and the FOC terminal of the sound board) works fine with both colours, so the positives from the VIN of the sound board and the LED(+) from the BuckPuck seem to be okay as these go to both LED(+) solder points for Green and Blue on the LED pad.

I'd check the wiring from the LED(-) of the BuckPuck to the LED terminal of the sound board for any issues.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:01:33 PM »

Also check and see if any wires are pinched between the LED housing and the saber hilt.  That was the issue with my Archon, and similar symptoms.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

JediKush
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »

Hello,
I received my new manticore yesterday and want to make sure I am not being a noob and see if I have a legit issue.

My Sunriders Destiny Main LED Light all of a sudden turned off this morning and wont turn back on, however the artic blue FOC and v4 sound continue to stay on and work just fine. I thought it may be the batteries so recharged them. The charger turned red so I let them charge for about 15 minutes until the charge lights turned green. Then I checked the batteries on my multimeter and got 4.16 and 4.18 voltage. I put them back in the saber and still have the issue where the main SRD led wont light up but FOC and sound works just fine. I made sure to use the correct batteries and charger as prescribed in other posts with similar issues. Is there something else I can try? Is the LED Broken?

Saber on but no light  Embarrassed
I got my Manticore from a mystery box and it had an obsidian board with the same problem.  Did you ever figure this out???

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: