Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need a new battery charger  (Read 793 times)
Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« on: September 06, 2020, 01:43:26 AM »

Hey guys anyone have a recommendation for a new battery charger compatible with the batteries we get from US? One of my trustfire chargers died today, it got crazy hot and warped the area where the spring loaded piece of the charger slides. I’m glad I got to it before it started a fire. Anywho, now I’m down to two chargers but have ten 8 sabers to keep charged so... time to add more. I saw a few on amazon that charge more than two at a time but I don’t want to get something that might damage the batteries. The ones I looked at btw were from both trustfire and xtar. Also, my raffle entry saber got a free recharge port upgrade but no charger. What should I look for for that as well? I don’t want to spend $40 on the one US has. I assume amazon has a cheaper option. Lastly, I’ve seen some folks mention other batteries we can use, thinking maybe I’ll pick up some extras while ordering a charger. Besides the two brands US has used what else is good? Thanks.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »

I use an XTAR VP4 for my TrustFire batteries, and had no problems so far. Bought it about 5 years ago and can definitely recommend that!

As for an alternative for the Recharge Port chargers - I have no idea, I always stick to the UltraSabers models...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ProtechOne
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Without Shadow, how do we define the light?

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:54:20 AM »

This one works like a charm. Can charge one set before I can drain the first!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Foolish Grey's,
What would the universe look like if the living Force ever achieved their precious balance? Would we even want to live in such a place?

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 02:53:03 PM »

Cool I’ll look for that. Any idea for the in hilt recharge?

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 03:58:08 PM »

Here’s an update... my second trustfire charger has now done the same as the first. It was crazy hot, and one slot is now useless. I’ve never had a problem like this before. Does this mean one of my batteries are bad or is there an issue with the outlet? I’m now down to one two slot charger that came with my most recent order.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

ProtechOne
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Without Shadow, how do we define the light?

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »

Here’s an update... my second trustfire charger has now done the same as the first. It was crazy hot, and one slot is now useless. I’ve never had a problem like this before. Does this mean one of my batteries are bad or is there an issue with the outlet? I’m now down to one two slot charger that came with my most recent order.
Which ever battery was in that slot is bad. Recycle it! Or give it an exorcism!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Foolish Grey's,
What would the universe look like if the living Force ever achieved their precious balance? Would we even want to live in such a place?

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 05:29:07 PM »

That’s the thing... two different batteries, two different chargers. They worked fine a few weeks ago and then this happened.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

skywalker2005
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 02:21:38 PM »

Hey Greywalker83,
I know the problem with the batteries all too well! That can be really annoying. What helped me is to look at some articles about the different types of battery chargers. You should pay attention to certain criteria when buying: https://www.technikhiwi.de/akku-ladegeraet-test/#Platz_1_ANSMANN_Powerline_Akku_Ladegeraet. The attached article is in German, but can be easily read by a translator.
I hope you will find what you are looking for so that your saber will work properly in the future.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 10:41:43 PM »

That IS weird.  I have about 14 chargers running, cycling through about 40 batteries, thats never happened to me.  Check your outlet for proper voltage.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 01:23:25 AM »

That’s the only thing I can think caused it it was a different outlet than I normally use but I’ve never had issues charging my phone or using the vacuum on that outlet. Still it is a bummer. I’m down a saber at the moment. I just need to pick up more batteries and a different charger. I emailed US about it a little over a week ago but I’m assuming they’re still backlogged on emails cause I haven’t heard back yet. I figure if I don’t hear back by the two week mark I’ll email them again.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: