Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I need help upgrading my saber!  (Read 924 times)
Darth Rek
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 08, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »

So I bought a dual sided saber without sound and after seeing the quality of the saber I would now like to upgrade it with an Emerald driver with clash and all that does anyone know what the correct components are for me to upgrade my current saber? I’m new to the light sabers and all that but I’m fairly techie so can figure it out once I have the correct components needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »

You need this:

14500 Li-Ion battery holder/speaker combo
2x 14500 Li-Ion batteries (XTAR or TrustFire recommended)
Vented (!!) pommel
Emerald Driver
Obsidian Sound board v4
Momentary switch (either metal AV or plastic guarded)
Optional: Resistor for switch LED (if you take an illuminated AV switch)

However, depending on the hilt, you might not be able to have both in one saber. If your hilt does not show the option "Emerald & Sound" in the webshop, it's not compatible due to internal size limitations. If that's the case, your only option would be adding a Diamond board instead of Emerald and sound. Diamond actually combines both boards, thus adding all their features to any saber.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Rek
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 04:06:48 PM »

Thanks for the blazing fast response! I actually didn’t have the option for an Emerald driver so I’ll have to go with option two the Diamond board it looks like.

So my shopping list should look like this then? And they’re all available from ultrasabers?

Vented (!!) pommel(is the vent for clearer sound?)
Diamond board

Lastly I keep seeing comments about quick connects for duel sabers I imagine this is for what it sounds like a quick way to connect and disconnect the sabers correct?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 06:16:11 PM »

Thanks for the blazing fast response! I actually didn’t have the option for an Emerald driver so I’ll have to go with option two the Diamond board it looks like.

So my shopping list should look like this then? And they’re all available from ultrasabers?

Diamond board

Lastly I keep seeing comments about quick connects for duel sabers I imagine this is for what it sounds like a quick way to connect and disconnect the sabers correct?

Wait... You said there is no option for Emerald?  Or is there no option for Emerald with sound?  Is there an option for Diamond, then?  Which hilts are you planning to use?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 02:12:20 PM »

Diamond board

You can get all parts from UltraSabers. For the board(s) you need to contact them directly via info@ultrasabers.com, though. They're normally not sold from the webshop (except for the sound).
And the vented pommel is important for the speaker, as the sound can be so powerful that the speaker can become damaged when you use a solid pommel with the volume at 100%.

What you mean is the Quick Disconnect Vented Coupler. Yes, that's suitable for any MHS saber (all sabers except for the v2 models) to make a staff that can be turned into two separate sabers without having to unscrew the coupler from the hilts and putting the pommels back on.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Rek
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 04:09:47 PM »

There in lies the problem. I cant seem to get ahold of anyone at ultrasabers ive been trying for three weeks now with no answers i even tried calling a coupl times.. So im stuck till they respond.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:54:08 PM »

Try FB messaging them with a detailed message, but not too long.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Darth Rek
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:11 PM »

Someone finally got back to me. Looks like the hilt I ordered is too small in diameter to accommodate the sound board. It’s all good though, I just bought another one 😆

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: