Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spectre (Consular Green, Lite Sound) and MB review  (Read 770 times)
matth431
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« on: September 09, 2020, 01:03:12 PM »

Just got my second US purchase (first was Apprentice LEv5 which also makes a guest appearance in the vid:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVEi4eGRTX4&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVEi4eGRTX4&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod

If a mod could embed, that'd be great - I can't seem to find the right code.

This was a Spectre in Consular Green with Lite sound. Those who've watched the Rebels cartoon know that this is the lightsaber of Kanan Jarrus, former Padawan of Depa Billaba. Kanan's version has a Guardian Blue blade, but I went with a quick disconnect MLS so will be easy enough to swap out if I want.

Additional thoughts to the vid - it has a great feel in the hands - the grooves on the rear of the hilt help with grip, which is good as the black portion can be a bit slippy if you have sweaty palms... the engraving might have helped here OR could just become a repository for grease...

The MB was an Aeon v3, one of the more basic hilts US sell but still the $75 minimum value. So I didn't luck out as some have done and obtained a $150 hilt for $75, but I'm happy it acts as a good match for my Apprentice LE v5. Someone here posted a vid suggesting some customisation options and the O-ring idea was a good cheap way of enhancing the look. These were 24mm rings from Amazon and fit very well. In combat they might come loose, but they stay put well enough for display/general swinging.

One issue I didn't mention in the vid is that the blade plugs sold by US don't fully reach to the LED in the case of the Spectre or the Apprentice. This means locking them in place carefully with the blade retaining screw and they still won't fully cover the windows in the emitters. Fortunately I rarely remove the blades and have been able to 3D print some longer plugs anyway.

Overall though very happy with these new hilts and would recommend US despite the current delays.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:35:09 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 01:21:20 PM »

Point incoming for you....

Love the Spectre, and I think silver flash goes great with any of the colors as a nice default; great choice.  And I love the o-ring customization on the Aeon! 

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 02:16:23 PM »

thanks for the reviews.  I too like the O-ring look - it works well on that saber.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »

Good review there, matth431. I'm a fan of the Spectre and it looks great with the green blade

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 06:28:15 PM »

The Spectre is a fantastic saber. I love mine. Hope you enjoy it too.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Jedi Skallagrimsson
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 12

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 07:29:03 PM »

Great review, glad I got a quick disconnect LED in mine because I think I need to change it to CG (really suits it).

Saber Arsenal:
Dark Initiate LE V5 (SRD), 2X Prophecy V3 (AB/VA), Dark Monarch (CG), Graflex CE (AB), Spectre (GB), Initiate V3 (AB), 2X Consular (CG/GB), Dark Catalyst  (CG), Manticore (VA/SRD), 2X Apprentice LE V5 (Staff)(SY), Archon V3.1 (CG), Dark Princess (VA), Dark Apprentice V4 (SRD)

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 07:47:34 AM »

Great review,

Thanks for the side by side.

Points incoming.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 11:14:09 PM »

I really want a Spectre... gotta wait until that backorder situation is resolved.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: