Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Electrum Wind from the recent Flash Sale (Late August 2020)  (Read 569 times)
Xonic
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: September 09, 2020, 03:34:35 PM »

Hi guys!
I really don't know which forum to post this. But since it seems like a question, I decided to post it here.

First of all, today I just received my Ultrasabers Electrum Wind from the recent flash sale last month. It arrived sooner than I expected, which is very awesome.  Cool
At first glance, it came to my attention that the yellow/gold anodize seems to be lighter than it should be.

So I tried to compare it with my Princess. And so it really does look lighter than the yellow/gold anodize on the Princess.

I'm not sure that has there been any announcements on the color change, or if it's different because of the sale or somewhat.
But I gotta say that I quite like the color. So no issues on that, I guess.
Just want to know why it's different from the other Electrum Wind hilts I've seen.  Cheesy

Although, I had a problem when I inserted my blade (Mid Grade) back in and tighten it up.
Now it looks like the blade is slightly tilted backwards and a little wobbly when swinging the saber, not tight as it was when it came out of the box.
When I took a closer look at the blade, right where the screw holds it, it looks a little bent. Like it's been squeezed.
Any ideas on how to fix the wobbly blade issue? Just wondering if the Heavy Grade blade be more tighten or not.

Saber Collection:
Lost Gray [TRI Adegan Silver]
Princess [TRI Arctic Blue]
Electrum Wind [Violet Amethyst]
Consular [TRI Consular Green]
Menace CE (x2) [TRI Blazing Red]
Apprentice V4 [Blazing Red] **Free Initiate Stunt**
Prophecy V3 [Fire Orange] **Free Grab Bag Stunt**
Liberator V3 [Adegan Silver] **Free Mystery Box Stunt**

Ordered/Processing Sabers:
-

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand | Dorinian | Bellicose
The Graflex SE | Chosen One SE | Raven

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 03:53:07 PM »

Sorry to hear about the blade issue.   A HG blade will hold up better to the screw without warping.

Most likely the set screw is a bit long and it was tightened to much.  I would recommend removing the blade and gently popping out any deformation so it is generally round again, then re-insert it with the damaged area on the opposite side, then try tightening the screw again.  It will take a bit of "feel" but try not to over-tighten it.  That should help.

hopefully the blade has enough integrity left to hold shape.

As for the color: First, I like the lighter gold a lot!   I think it looks great on that hilt.  I suspect the difference may be a supplier issue.   With the pandemic and the back-ups I am sure US has had to find alternate suppliers from time to time for things.  They may have gotten some lots of hilts done with a different supplier or simply a different color if the normal gold wasn't available.  Honestly, if looks great so I wouldn't sweat it.  If it is a rare one-off kind of thing it just makes your hilt MORE unique.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 05:19:12 PM »

Anodizing is a process which has fluctuating results.  The piece of metal, the voltage, the chemicals, all will provide a caring degree of colorizing.  Like with the "Crimson" hilts..  even the photos of the sabers on the website vary GREATLY in color.  Some are bright red, some look rusty. 
Personally, I think the lighter gold looks better on the E.W.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »

In a way, I think the different shade of gold from what they usuly do is fitting considering it's based on a saber for a character whose actor wanted a different color blade in order to stand out from the pack.  Even if it wasn't intentional by the company, it's a good result.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 02:04:37 AM »

In a way, I think the different shade of gold from what they usuly do is fitting considering it's based on a saber for a character whose actor wanted a different color blade in order to stand out from the pack.  Even if it wasn't intentional by the company, it's a good result.

Agreed.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 04:28:31 PM »

The anodizing has changed a bit on certain batches. And if I am not mistaken, was not quite as brassy looking several years ago. Might be with shortages they go back to the previous gold tone on certain batches.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: