Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Princess unboxing and my thoughts about it  (Read 826 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« on: September 09, 2020, 08:36:37 PM »

This is my unboxing of my Darkl Princess I just received from UltraSabers. Here's the video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRzM1EW-gao&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRzM1EW-gao&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

My Dark Princess specs:

Diamond controller with green illuminated switch, in Sentinel Yellow, pulse to Violet Amethyst and Silver Adegan FoC. With D ring installed, no covertec wheel.

My thoughts:

It's a large hilt, just like the Savior, but is not overly bulky. For myself, it's a 2 handed hilt, but comfortable. The faux claws are not sharp and it is fairly secure to grip. If the emitter was set up with the led diode in it instead of in the hilt body itself, it would be much better lit, but as an accurate film representation it is pretty close. I think this is another well made US hilt that seems to be combat worthy.

Sorry if I rambled on too much in the video. Real life has me stressed out a bit so my thoughts are all over the place.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 09:43:38 PM »

I cant get mine to come apart... extremely tight!

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 04:30:20 PM »

Nice look at a beautiful saber.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 02:34:57 AM »

What an excellent video, chalion thank you.  Man, that is certainly larger than what I had contrived based on photos.  You wielding it was really helpful to see, and for me that size would kinda take this hilt out of consideration.  It's redeeming quality is how well it can break down MHS wise, IMO.  Points my good man.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 11:30:36 PM »

No one can say US doesn’t make an attractive saber. But my issue would be the same as Haz...the size. And I don’t mind some sabers being larger. But from pinky to elbow, unless it was extremely light, my carpal tunnel probably wouldn’t allow this one to be wielded very well. Thanks for the video  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 11:35:17 PM »

No one can say US doesn’t make an attractive saber. But my issue would be the same as Haz...the size. And I don’t mind some sabers being larger. But from pinky to elbow, unless it was extremely light, my carpal tunnel probably wouldn’t allow this one to be wielded very well. Thanks for the video  Smiley

For myself, it's not that huge of a hilt, but it definitely is a 2 handed hilt. It's not heavy or bulky though. I can grip it firmly and there's no sharp edges to nick up my hands.

I do have another makers hilt (MUCH more expensive) in this style I just received, which is 3 inches shorter, but I can't name them, nor the hilt name, in this forum. (of course). I do have it in my you tube channel though and I do compare them. 

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 09:48:39 PM »

For myself, it's not that huge of a hilt, but it definitely is a 2 handed hilt. It's not heavy or bulky though. I can grip it firmly and there's no sharp edges to nick up my hands.

I do have another makers hilt (MUCH more expensive) in this style I just received, which is 3 inches shorter, but I can't name them, nor the hilt name, in this forum. (of course). I do have it in my you tube channel though and I do compare them. 

Good to know it’s not heavy. US does make a deceptively light hilt in most cases. The only one I’ve had difficulty with was the Electrum Wind...just about the same size, but that one had some weight to it. Very solid saber, but not for playing with if you have carpal tunnel syndrome. I’ll check out your channel. I’ve seen a couple of variations on this hilt. Some I like, others not so much.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: