Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Finally, my Shock LE  (Read 3586 times)
spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

« on: January 11, 2012, 11:43:27 PM »

After awaiting for over 5 hours on my couch today, FedEx finally delivered my saber! I'll post some pictures an a little review for my first saber.  Grin

Well here it is, in all its glory.

The red av switch looks great with the orange

I love how they colored the tip gold, it looks so unique. O.o

Here's with the blade in, I got a basic midgrade.

The Fire Orange looks very yellow on camera, it's much more like the color of the fruit than a yellow. More like fire.

"It is the weapon of a Jedi" Probably my favorite pic

I wasn't able to get any good ones in the dark, maybe I will when it's done charging.

So here is how I rate this saber.

Design - 10/10

I freakin love this saber, the gold goes perfect with the fire orange.

Color - The color of the led, is perfect in every way. It is better than I hoped it to be, pictures could never do it justice.

Hilt - 9/10 - The only things I don't like about this hilt (but very very minorly!) is the bulky pommel and the upper grip. The bulky pommel thing is just my personal opinion on looks, I've never been a fan of them for looks, but it does help control the saber better, so I'm fine with it. As for the grip, I'm one of those fancy lightsaber wielders that spins my saber everywhere. Nothing that adding a mhs choke won't hurt.   Wink

Sound - 10/10 How does that tiny speaker do it?! It's freaking loud now, and I haven't even used it with fully charged batteries yet! Also for the fact that you can change your sound font to your custom, makes it sooo worth it. If anyone has their doubts abut Obsidian or that it's too pricey just for sound, GET IT!!! You will not. repeat, WILL NOT be disappointed!

Quality - 9/10 It would've been 10/10, but my saber has a few deep scratches on the hilt and tip of emitter.

Overall - 10.5/10 Yep, I did it.  I passed the barrier. It didn't just meet my expectations, it obliviated them. This is truley an amazing saber, knocks those Force FX sabers out the window. The bad thing? Now I'm addicted! I NEED MORE OF THEM!!!! Cheesy

Well I hope you find this review helpful, I'm actually planning on customizing this lightsaber, you can find the thread here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4537.0

Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way, MTFBWY.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:52:26 PM by spn_phoenix_92 » Logged

Customized Shock LE - FO + Obsidian/Old Republic Font
Manticore - FO + Ultimate FX Qui-Gon Soundboard
Customized Dark Initiate V3 - DVA/SRD FOC + Obsidian/Black Star Font

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 11:50:47 PM »

Oh wow that is a beauty.  Strange how the FO comes out looking yellow in pics, I own it myself and I agree about the comparison to fire (it's very accurately named).  A very true orange really.

Beautiful hilt, and the color fits it perfectly.  The red AV switch is a nice touch too.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »

Oh wow that is a beauty.  Strange how the FO comes out looking yellow in pics, I own it myself and I agree about the comparison to fire (it's very accurately named).  A very true orange really.

Beautiful hilt, and the color fits it perfectly.  The red AV switch is a nice touch too.

I can't disagree with any of this.

I really wish cameras weren't stupid because a nice side by side of FO and SY.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 12:28:37 AM »

Nice saber. The color matches the color of the saber scheme too.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 12:56:47 AM »

So I've had my batteries on the charger for like 2 hours, do the lights turn green when its finished or do i take them off after a certain amount of time?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »

So I've had my batteries on the charger for like 2 hours, do the lights turn green when its finished or do i take them off after a certain amount of time?

The lights will turn green when they're done charging.  Sometimes it can take a while.

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:06:02 AM »

The lights will turn green when they're done charging.  Sometimes it can take a while.
One more question, my fiance accidentally unplugged hers while in the middle of charging, is the battery damaged from that?

Gaius
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Hello Jedi. How nice of you to drop in.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 02:03:53 AM »

Should be ok.  Li Ion batteries are not supposed to have battery memories.  You should just finish the charging and not worry about it.

Raven, Blazing Red, SS Pommel, Obsidian- Sekarasu
Archon v.2- Guardian Blue, DVA or SRD- QD, Obsidian- Lior
Prophecy, violet amethyst - [Name To Be Determined]
Dark War Glaive, Pyrestone with silver FOC, Obsidian, Black Claws red A/V- Enfer

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »

Got my video review on youtube for my Shock LE.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYU2p6T2pwc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYU2p6T2pwc</a>

EDIT: Fixed vid.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:10:16 PM by Master Artorius Vidnyl » Logged

Uli-Winn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

I serve no master.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »

Sweet review man.

I have always wanted a shock, mainly for the MHS compatible-ness of it. I was thinking that I might order one a little bit later on down the road. I was thinking that getting it in SY would be pretty nice, so those pics actually help me (despite the fact that it is actually FO lol)

Standard Issue (GB), Standard Issue (CG), Liberator (GB Grab Bag), MR Obi-Wan ROTS (Conversion in Progress), MR Darth Vader (Conversion Pending), Hasbro Mace Windu (LAME)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 06:38:36 PM »

Sweet review man.

I have always wanted a shock, mainly for the MHS compatible-ness of it. I was thinking that I might order one a little bit later on down the road. I was thinking that getting it in SY would be pretty nice, so those pics actually help me (despite the fact that it is actually FO lol)

These are some great SY pictures.  Wink

I kid, I kid. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:53 PM »

Very cool!

Is it just the way the picture turned out or is the saber emitter huge and your hand quite small?

The saber looks gigantic!

Light side points please Smiley

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 11:42:46 PM »

Very cool!

Is it just the way the picture turned out or is the saber emitter huge and your hand quite small?

The saber looks gigantic!
My hands are small, it's a pretty big saber for me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: