Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Opinion needed from experienced members: Color swap  (Read 1466 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: September 16, 2020, 08:58:09 PM »

I'm just brainstorming right now, but it occurs to me that we've got a ton of blue in our saber collection.
Mostly because I love photon blades, but still.

So I was thinking of swapping the Guardian blue with Red Flash in my Crimson Scorpion for Violet Amethyst.
That's probably a better color for the Crimson hilt anyway.

So here's what I need feedback on:
A) Should I swap at all or is the GB/Red FoC combo with Photon blade good
B) If I do swap colors, should I mail the saber back to Ultrasabers or just buy a whole new Crimson Scorpion with VA and sell the one I have once it arrives?

-

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 02:37:21 AM »

Here's a look at. Y Crimson Scorpion. Maybe it'll help you decide.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/Dz7QnRx3KamN

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 03:32:14 AM »

Thanx for the visual!

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like you've got that in Emerald with a pulse.
That was originally what I was gonna do but I figured I'd get it set to one color than rarely change it again. That didn't seem worth it.

That's why I picked GB with red FoC. Blue can lead be green with a photon blade and Red comes through either way.
But I've got too much blue and green now.
My staff is AB with photon blades, my wife's saber is Tri-AB, my oldest son is getting a Tri-GB with photon blade.

My youngest son has a Tri-Red, so he's broken our blue streak a bit.
We've had a few VA sabers in the past but none with Li-ion batteries. Can anyone confirm if the batteries make VA brighter?
The GB in my Scorpion is definitely very bright. Brighter than the blue in my RGB.
So I was hoping that by swapping to VA in my Li-ion setup saber, I could occasionally filter to Red or Blue (and thereby back to green if I want to) and still be at least as bright as Red or Blue in the standard AAA setup.

I'm just brainstorming at this point. I really like my Scorpion as is, so I may just order a stunt saber in VA with the Li-ion setup and call it a day

-

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 07:02:09 AM »

Great vid Malik!
Thanks and point!

Sorry Galef, no advice from my side, don't have any high end sabers, so no experience to share.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 01:05:14 PM »

Sorry Galef, no advice from my side, don't have any high end sabers, so no experience to share.
That's cool. I think I might sit on this for a bit.
But I'm fairly certain I'm not going to mail in my current saber.
I'll probably wait for the next Raffle and decide then if i want to order another, then once it arrives i can see which one i like best and sell the other.

Or i may just get the Emerald and get whatever color i want, but that's more than I'm usually willing to spend. So far none of our sabers have been over $300, most have been under $150.

-

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 02:53:26 PM »

That's cool. I think I might sit on this for a bit.
But I'm fairly certain I'm not going to mail in my current saber.
I'll probably wait for the next Raffle and decide then if i want to order another, then once it arrives i can see which one i like best and sell the other.

Or i may just get the Emerald and get whatever color i want, but that's more than I'm usually willing to spend. So far none of our sabers have been over $300, most have been under $150.

-
Yeah, I made the mistake of ordering Emerald sabers when I'll most likely never change the colors with which I ordered them. So... I get it xD
But what's wrong with having blue blades? Not my thing (I have yet to get a blue or green one), but you shouldn't go out of your way to diversify xD
I'm pretty sure I'll only get one blue and one green. When I put my hands on accurate obi ep 1/2 and Qui-gon hilts. (Though the more I look at it, the more I like US' guardian so...)
For the rest I'm more a red/violet/orange and yellow kind of guy.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 03:05:28 PM »

Well one of the reasons I like to diversify is that it cuts down on the temptation to get too many sabers
IMO, the more sabers you have, the less value each one has in your collection.
For me and my family, the sweet spot is 7-9 total sabers.
Each saber has purpose. That's why I always sell sabers if I get more. Always trying to get the perfect saber for the purpose.

But I think I found a solution to keep my wallet safe. I put more diffusion film in my purple day blade so that more light comes out.
It's still slightly dimmer, but both Blue and my Red FoC come through fine.
So when off and displayed, my Scorpion has a nice rich purple blade & Red hilt. My wife's has a blue blade and my staff in green. So very colorful wall display.

I can always swap back to the photon blade, but having a nice rich dark blue (because the purple blade tints it darker) is cool.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 04:32:59 PM »

I really want to thank you for taking the time to explore options with different blades and colors, and posting your findings here.  It really helps me to see stuff laid out like this.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 04:39:55 PM »

I really want to thank you for taking the time to explore options with different blades and colors, and posting your findings here.  It really helps me to see stuff laid out like this.
I'm always torn on the purple blade though. When the saber is off it look great and has the richest color of all my day blades.
But when the saber is on, no matter if it's blue, red or purple the brightness is so 'meh' compared to everything else if have.
If even look off in photos next to a photon blade.
Shame.

-

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 06:32:15 PM »

I think I found a better answer.
Get an Enhanced Red day blade.

TCSS sells 4 enhanced colored day blades.
The blue and amber are pretty disappointing and the Photon green is obviously the best, but the red might be perfect for this.
If gotten Enhanced red pointed tips for regular red blades because don't give the same dark spot that the regular red does.
But I've also noticed the enhanced red is photo-reactive to blue light. Not as vivid as the photon blade, but should work for my purposes.

I found this image on Google of someone doing this with a Tri-Blue.
https://m.imgur.com/r/lightsabers/wA6HD

I never considered the full blade before because it looks so pink, but if the goal is to diversify away from greens and blues, that's perfect. And I don't have to mess with my existing saber

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 12:26:25 AM »

The Imgur link doesn’t work for me... “could not find the request” is the message I get.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 12:39:36 AM »

The Imgur link doesn’t work for me... “could not find the request” is the message I get.
It's not ny link, but it works for me.
Try googling "enhanced red day blade blue". In the images there a Manticore that looks like it's Violet Amethyst, but the description says it's Tri-GB with an Enhanced red blade

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 05:22:31 PM »

Just got my Enhanced red blade. It looks pretty freaky in person but almost identical to VA on camera.
I'll be doing a video about it comparing different colors and the photon blade later today.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 06:38:39 PM »

Just got my Enhanced red blade. It looks pretty freaky in person but almost identical to VA on camera.
I'll be doing a video about it comparing different colors and the photon blade later today.

-

You’d BETTER!  LOL

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 11:03:26 PM »

You’d BETTER!  LOL
Here ya go:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=46248.msg781757#msg781757

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: