Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Updating my stunt to sound only  (Read 2389 times)
Phantom.009
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« on: September 18, 2020, 04:09:02 AM »

I got a Dark Catalyst stunt white bladed saber with a Grand Master Pommel. For this saber, my plan was to have sound only no two color changes during flash on clash. Which is why I decided to order the 4x aaa battery holder/speaker instead of 2x Li-Ion Battery holder/speaker. I’m also planning on getting the Obsidian V4 soundboard hopefully by next month. Plus, I hardly turned on my saber. The only time I turned it on is when I'm showing it off or when I'm sparring with someone.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 10:39:07 PM »

Good luck to you with your project!

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Phantom.009
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 05:23:35 PM »

My lightsaber finally has sound. I had a friend worked on it while I watch where he connected every wire to the right and wrong places.

I did found a diagram that really helped us out.

Saber parts I brought with ultrasabers are pommel, batteries with speaker and v4 soundboard. In my saber that's gonna have the sound we kept the original LEDs, trimmed the wire but keep the resister connected with the black wire just by removing them from the switch. I use a small flat screwdriver to remove the glue off the switch plug. For the battery pack for the stunt I trimmed a little bit off and keep it for backup. Since, I'm not gonna have flash on clash until I fix the inside to make it look nice and organize in there. Just make sure you have plenty of room to take out the soundboard along with the battery pack cause I didn't. Once I do ended up fixing it again, I will send a photo of the wiring and maybe a video in the future since there's none I tried looking.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 06:25:40 PM »

Nice work constructing/modifying your lightsaber.  Can you post a link for the diagram?  i'm not able to open a larger version of the one you posted.

Phantom.009
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 11:53:56 PM »

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8688/16713315524_22cae4c537_o.png

Hope this help

I manage to buy the right wires and got heat shrink. However, while looking at my new diagram for some reason my light doesn't want to turn off. Undecided

Phantom.009
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 07:38:10 PM »

I was able to fix my wiring correctly. Here's how a look when all the pieces are connected. I then separated the wires into two groups one set is for the switch and the other group for the LED's. I then wrap each group with electrical type because I didn't have any heat shrink big enough to fit three sets of wires together. This build is only for lightsabers that only have one color LED's and not multicolors. I didn't want to pay more for flash and clash. Hope this helps.

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 10:03:23 PM »

nice update! 
Do you strap the card to the battery pack with the velcro? 
If you are looking for an alternative, check for a mount/holder at https://www.ultrasabers.com - they have some good options for various prices.

Phantom.009
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 02:40:33 AM »

I did strap the soundboard with velcro to the battery wires since my battery pack is a 4x AAA battery. Which is why I set it up that way.

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

right!  thanks for setting me straight. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: