Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: WandaVision | Official Trailer | Disney+  (Read 631 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: September 21, 2020, 12:25:40 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIgYUrLE4Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIgYUrLE4Y</a>

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 05:15:46 PM »

I have to admit it: just the nostalgia factor alone makes me want to see this  Wink

Thanks Infinit01!

Point (for this and all of the awesome finds that you post  Smiley)

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:36:40 PM »

I am probably most excited for this and Dr. Strange of any MCU thing in phase 4. It is going to be sooooooooooo weird, and I'm totally down for it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »

Considering the Storylines they are adapting for this show things are going to get real Interesting.  Then rumor (and there seems to be evidence for it) that Kathryn Hahn is playing Agatha Harkness.  Agatha is a powerful witch in the comics (she escaped the Salem Witch Trials) who becomes a Nanny for Sue and Reed Richards son and eventually becomes Wanda's mentor in the Arcane.  Bringing her in opens even more doors for the MCU. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 04:37:00 PM »

Considering the Storylines they are adapting for this show things are going to get real Interesting.  Then rumor (and there seems to be evidence for it) that Kathryn Hahn is playing Agatha Harkness.  Agatha is a powerful witch in the comics (she escaped the Salem Witch Trials) who becomes a Nanny for Sue and Reed Richards son and eventually becomes Wanda's mentor in the Arcane.  Bringing her in opens even more doors for the MCU. 
While I was heavily into comics back in the late 80s-late 90s, I have to admit that my familiarity with Wanda/Scarlett Witch and Vision is vague at best so thanks for that info, Tepes^^

Point!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »

While I was heavily into comics back in the late 80s-late 90s, I have to admit that my familiarity with Wanda/Scarlett Witch and Vision is vague at best so thanks for that info, Tepes^^

Point!

NP and thanks.  The story line the seem to be adapting is called Avengers: Disassembled.  Now I don't think its spoilers what I'm about to say because a lot of the things surrounding this storyline do not exist in the MCU.  Basically Wanda loses her grip on reality because of Vision being destroyed.  She begins altering reality causing the Heroes to face their greatest fears (It tickled me pink to she Warbird aka Carol Danvers....the Current Capt. Marvel...see her greatest Fear was Rogue from the X-Men).  This lead to House of M.  In the comics Wanda and Quicksilver are mutants and Magneto's children.  She creates a reality that has Magneto ruling over the world.  It is eventually altered back to the normal 616 Universe but with two consequences.  Wanda erased 98% of the Worlds population of Mutants (not killed but just erased their mutant gene).....and Wolverine got ALL  of his memory back....blood was spilled on that account.
      This is all because Wanda can tap into the Arcane because of her abilities...which in the MCU were given by experimentation and she was born with them as a mutant in the comics.  In either scenario she is tapping into and using forces most people (Dr. Strange for one) spend years learning to control.  Part of that is not letting emotions control you which can have dire consequences with Magic.  Since they have already said Wandavision will connect to Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness....I'm thinking Strange will take her into is care...attempt to teach her to harness her power safely all the while dealing with Mephisto (A ruler of Hell in the Marvel Universe) and the Multiverses Wanda may have accidently  created in her grief.  This maybe also where they lay the seeds for the X-Men.

Sorry for the ramble.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 05:38:55 PM »

NP and thanks.  The story line the seem to be adapting is called Avengers: Disassembled.  Now I don't think its spoilers what I'm about to say because a lot of the things surrounding this storyline do not exist in the MCU.  Basically Wanda loses her grip on reality because of Vision being destroyed.  She begins altering reality causing the Heroes to face their greatest fears (It tickled me pink to she Warbird aka Carol Danvers....the Current Capt. Marvel...see her greatest Fear was Rogue from the X-Men).  This lead to House of M.  In the comics Wanda and Quicksilver are mutants and Magneto's children.  She creates a reality that has Magneto ruling over the world.  It is eventually altered back to the normal 616 Universe but with two consequences.  Wanda erased 98% of the Worlds population of Mutants (not killed but just erased their mutant gene).....and Wolverine got ALL  of his memory back....blood was spilled on that account.
      This is all because Wanda can tap into the Arcane because of her abilities...which in the MCU were given by experimentation and she was born with them as a mutant in the comics.  In either scenario she is tapping into and using forces most people (Dr. Strange for one) spend years learning to control.  Part of that is not letting emotions control you which can have dire consequences with Magic.  Since they have already said Wandavision will connect to Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness....I'm thinking Strange will take her into is care...attempt to teach her to harness her power safely all the while dealing with Mephisto (A ruler of Hell in the Marvel Universe) and the Multiverses Wanda may have accidently  created in her grief.  This maybe also where they lay the seeds for the X-Men.

Sorry for the ramble.
Yeah, I remember reading about "House of M" and--from "Uncanny X-Men"--how Rogue absorbed Ms. Marvel's/Carol Danver's powers&life-force but the rest: awesome backstory that I had NO idea about!  And it makes sense that Wanda going Arcane would attract the attention of the Sorcerer Supreme since that is explicitly his purview  Smiley

And that was by no means "rambling;" I found it VERY informative and enjoyable  Cool  Thanks again, Tepes^^

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: