Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Photon blade help  (Read 459 times)
Fatalis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 60

Good..Bad...I'm the guy with the saber!

« on: September 21, 2020, 02:35:16 PM »

Looking to get a Photon blade thanks to Galef's research. I do have a few questions though..

1. What length is suggested?  I'm 6' so I would assume 36"?

2. Should I get 3 or 4 wraps of the diffuser film?

3. Bullet or round tip?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 04:22:57 PM »

I'm bias when it comes to blade length. I prefer 32" for "full sized" blades regardless of your height.
This is because the closer the tip is to the LED, the more light reflects back and therefore it's brighter.

That said, the photon affect goes a long way and I've made exceptions to my own bias due to that. 36" will be great for a photon blade.

Same goes for round or bullet tip. My usual preference is round because it's less material for the light to pass through, thus less dark spot in the tip.
But again the photon affect reverses this preference because you actually want more material. So I always go with bullet/pointed tips for my photon blades.

As for diffuser film, I use cellophane wrap. A lot of it.
I have no idea how many feet a single 'wrap' is from wherever you're planning to get it, but I'd recommend getting 4 wraps.
I generally need about 4-5 feet of cellophane to get the look right and the bright, most evenly lit blades have about 5-6 feet in them.

I also recommend you sand the blade for extra diffusion.

And Tri-AB is the best color for a thin walled photon blade, and Tri-GB for a thick walled.

-

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 07:33:46 PM »

Been thinking of getting one of these myself.  They look pretty neat.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: