Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Who's still interested in tutorials?  (Read 3054 times)
Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« on: September 23, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »

I'm just gauging interest to see if there's enough people still here interested in me doing some spin tutorials.  I've got all the equipment I need to do a decent tutorial series.  I may need some help with video editing, but I'll figure that out as I get to it.

I've had some people asking me on IG and reddit, but if there's not any interest here on the US forum I probably wouldn't go through the trouble and just keep doing 1 on 1 stuff like I've been doing.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 06:38:34 AM »

You know we love the work you showcase and really appreciate your skills, so.....

Yeah I'm interested.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »

I'm always learning things from you so I'm up for it!

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 01:26:31 PM »

I need to get back to learning some more tricks.
I got comfortable with about 3 and was like "good enough".

But I definitely would like to learn more.
So if you can add some "how to" spinning tutorials, that would be awesome.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 06:07:49 PM »

So like what I'd like to offer different from what you might have seen somewhere else is, is rather not just teach a trick or two.  I'd like to teach why and how it works.  Concept is important to me.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 07:52:18 PM »

I agree, it's good to understand the concept since for me, it helps me learn it quicker

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 03:34:51 AM »

count me in. I need major help with my spinning. 😳😳

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 06:26:56 AM »

Concepts!

positive vote!

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 11:46:52 PM »

I know I'm late to this, but I could totally get behind tutorials! I have hit a wall with learning and need some new and more advanced things to learn. If anyone wants to teach the reverse obi-ani or the reverse grip obi-ani, I would def watch. Also, any other things that I could practice and perfect that are more unique than what is usually found on youtube. Thanks!!!! Grin

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 02:39:30 AM »

Colour me interested as heck! I'm down for sure, since Spin Wars was a big interest of mine this year... I want to improve dramatically within the next year! I always focused more on combat applications than flash/showy technique. But it has it's own applications in sparring/fighting for misdirection, feints, and even parries if used well. These glowsticks of death can certainly draw the eye and captivate/hypnotize so I'm into learning all I can. Worst case it just makes for great flexibility training, flow training "keeping that continuous motion", and improving overall dexterity. Plus I love the fact you want to highlight why & how it works, since this was always so fundamental to me in a MA standpoint. The more technically aware one is of what you're doing is intended to accomplish and the dynamics behind it, the better your understanding of how to apply it in different situations toward desired effect or modifying it into new techniques. I'd be glad to expand my knowledge and learn from someone who is willing to instruct so thoughtfully in an arena basically for exhibition. Consider me RSVP-ed for training. And I second the thank you for being willing to...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 02:59:42 PM »

Consider me RSVP-ed for training.

Same here!!!

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 11:38:32 PM »

Not sure how I missed this when you first asked, but absolutely I'd be interested! Some of your recent stuff I've seen has been jaw dropping, and while I'm nowhere near that level, I'm always wanting to improve.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 01:15:05 PM »

Not sure how I missed this when you first asked, but absolutely I'd be interested! Some of your recent stuff I've seen has been jaw dropping, and while I'm nowhere near that level, I'm always wanting to improve.

In your defense, there's a lot of threads on here so it's easy to miss a few goodies. Wink

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 03:18:21 PM »

I'd PLANNED to do this last month but I got really behind on my cosplay commissions.  Honestly I'm still trying to catch up.  I've hardly time to do much else.  Too many irons in the fire so to speak.

It's not off the table, but to do the things I want in the way I want may take some more time guys, I'm sorry!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »

I'd PLANNED to do this last month but I got really behind on my cosplay commissions.  Honestly I'm still trying to catch up.  I've hardly time to do much else.  Too many irons in the fire so to speak.

It's not off the table, but to do the things I want in the way I want may take some more time guys, I'm sorry!

From a Sith perspective I respect that rationalization. One should ensure their happiness first and foremost when participating in activities they enjoy that are majority a hobby. Although I appreciate the offer in general, it would be improper to "require" it of you in some terribly impatient manner. You've volunteered your time, not been conscripted into service. Seeing as this is not an Empire/dominion of the Sith it's not like harsh judgements or penalties get handed down for delays. I'd say do what matters most to you, so that your heart is really in it whenever you can get around to filming the tutorials. Life happens, adapt and adjust fire (so to speak). I must say I am one who understands currently balancing outfit construction, training, and everything else... don't let the grind steal your enjoyment of it or what's the point anyway.

Oh, I just noticed the word "commissions" on a reread. So by all means... if you're getting paid! We're not paying consultation fees or membership fees, so focus on "paying the bills" so you can then do what you/we enjoy afterward. I stand corrected.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: