Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blades with loose film  (Read 592 times)
drtdgr2
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

~Lightside Points Preferred~

« on: September 23, 2020, 06:59:47 PM »

Hey Guys! Just curious if anyone knows if this is supposed to be a standard thing now, I couldn't really find this in discussion anywhere. My newest purchase came with a blade that had the film inside just loose. When you tip the blade upright without holding the base, the film literally just slides right out. I asked my friend who just made a recent purchase as well, and his blade is the same. It's been years since my last purchase before this one, but every blade used to have a seal at the base which kept the film in place. When I emailed customer service rather than say it was an error and send me a new blade, they told me just to slide the film back inside... Does anyone else have a similar issue with their blades? It seems like a pretty drastic dip in quality so I am a little worried if U.S. has decided to stop securing the blade film inside, because the film will inevitably end up crinkled if it keeps sliding in and out too far when changing the blade.

“I am one with the force, the force is with me."

Prophecy V3- Adegan Silver with Color Discs
Consular - Consular Green
Manticore - Blue Violet Amethyst / Silver FoC
Dorinian - Guardian Blue / Arctic Blue FoC

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 07:19:08 PM »

US stopped gluing the film inside mainly to improve the function of the film.  This does leave the film loose, so you need to be careful when installing or handling a blade, but it greatly improves the look.
I have several rubber caps I've gotten with spare blades over the years, which helps with keeping the film in place when handling them uninstalled.   If you want to hold it in place, a small application of superglue will work as well, I'd recommend a small dot where the edge of the film is located.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 09:06:51 PM »

It does seem they've gotten more loose over time as well. Both of my sabers were ordered after US stopped gluing the fillm in, but on both of them none of the film will come out if the blade is turned upwards, or even shaken violently. Makes it easy to do blade modifications though, if you wanted to trim down the blade it would have been a real pain if it was glued.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 10:25:55 PM »

It does seem they've gotten more loose over time as well. Both of my sabers were ordered after US stopped gluing the fillm in, but on both of them none of the film will come out if the blade is turned upwards, or even shaken violently. Makes it easy to do blade modifications though, if you wanted to trim down the blade it would have been a real pain if it was glued.

Yes it was.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:12:11 AM »

This is weird.  I keep hearing this complaint (issue), about the blades and the film falling out. I have 60+ blades and never had this happen.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 01:13:29 AM »

This is weird.  I keep hearing this complaint (issue), about the blades and the film falling out. I have 60+ blades and never had this happen.

It’s because you’re so attractive, obviously!  LOL

The film is attracted to your hand through the blade.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 01:47:44 AM »

It’s because you’re so attractive, obviously!  LOL

The film is attracted to your hand through the blade.

Point for flattery!

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: