Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dropped My Saber...Now It Has No Sound  (Read 3259 times)
JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« on: September 28, 2020, 10:37:08 PM »

Today I was spinning and I dropped my saber like I do sometimes. Nothing has ever happened, but today the sound cut off and the LEDs stayed on. Now it turns on, but the soundboard isn’t working. I took out the batteries and put them back in, and it started working again and then out of the blue it just stopped again. I just charged them. The LEDs are still working perfectly. Help! Embarrassed

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »

Not to offend you, but in my experience this i usually the case.

Charge the batteries to their fullest leave them overnight or if it's a Li-ion-battery, check the charger. Then put them back in the saber and check if everything works.
LED's tend to use less of a charge then the soundboard and speaker.

In the mean time, check your batteryholder. Mine broke ones when I dropped it. Had to get a bit creative with ducktape and later on with a piece of metal to repair that. Now I just replaced it with a new one.
If the batterypack broke, you may still have some warrenty and can send it back to US for repairs.

If you have brand new charged batteries try them.

If it's not the batteries or the holder. Then I guess it has got something to do with the electronics of the speaker and then your in the hands of my fellow forummembers. They have way more knowledge about the inner electric workings of a saber.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »

Okay, charging them now. I have another set of batteries I can charge up if these don't work. When I pop the batteries out and back in it makes noise but it is fleeting. I goes in and out. I can't imagine what has happened...I hope I didn't break it. I'm completely inept with this type of tech, so knowing me it's probably a really easy fix.

Initiate v3

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »

I charged the batteries to full power. When I put them in, not even a little sound came out. It was completely silent. I am going to try charging my unused batteries that I have as back-up, but if those don't work what should I do? Maybe y'all could tell me what wires to look for or where the sound board is. If I know the basics I may be able to reverse engineer it and fix it.

Thanks and MTFBWY!

Initiate v3

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 06:11:52 PM »

OH MY GOSH! Sorry to post replies three times in a row, but I was just turning on my saber and the sound is incredibly faint. If I put my ear up to the pommel it makes the faintest noise. The sound board works!! But the speaker must not.

Initiate v3

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »

OH MY GOSH! Sorry to post replies three times in a row, but I was just turning on my saber and the sound is incredibly faint. If I put my ear up to the pommel it makes the faintest noise. The sound board works!! But the speaker must not.

1.  Is the saber still under warranty?  If so, you might not want to monkey with it yourself, because that will void the warranty.

2.  Can you see any disconnected wires going to/from the speaker?  This would be a problem.

3.  Is the diaphragm of the speaker damaged at all?  This would be a big problem.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 04:46:28 PM »

It is only a few months old, so it should still be under warranty. It seems to be working perfectly now. So. Weird. I guess if anything happens, I'll return to the Forum. Thanks for all the help y'all!  Smiley

Initiate v3

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 08:25:04 PM »

Welp, seems like I'm going to have to send my saber in. The sound (I think it's actually the speaker) finally quit for reals and won't come back.  Sad I was hoping my other saber would come before it came to this. While I am sad, I know I need to get it fixed. Sorry to rant. Maybe they will send me a loaner.  Wink

Initiate v3

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 08:48:15 PM »

Welp, seems like I'm going to have to send my saber in. The sound (I think it's actually the speaker) finally quit for reals and won't come back.  Sad I was hoping my other saber would come before it came to this. While I am sad, I know I need to get it fixed. Sorry to rant. Maybe they will send me a loaner.  Wink

Aren’t you the comedian?

Point!

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 01:01:20 PM »

THANK YOU!!!! YOU ARE MY FIRST POINT!  Grin Grin Grin

Initiate v3

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 01:55:08 PM »

THANK YOU!!!! YOU ARE MY FIRST POINT!  Grin Grin Grin

I had to pick an orientation for the points... hope I chose correctly.

the Sith Order
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

I am the Force, the Force is with me.

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 09:30:33 AM »

Your Saber is the comedian. Don’t play with your Lightsaber. It isn’t broken.

The Force is all of the good things inside of you. Compassion creates the Force. It is the Force. Love is the Force. To Serve the Force, to be Purely Devoted to the Force, and to become the Force, returning to One’s Constitutional Position within It, is the Way. Merging into the Force fully brings Truth to the Jedi. Keeping the Force balanced can only be done through the Will of the Force. So ask the Force to dwell in you fully, and become who you are Forever meant to Be.

the Sith Order
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

I am the Force, the Force is with me.

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 10:12:24 AM »

Kylo Ren doesn’t spin His Lightsaber. He just uses the Force to make it seem like He does. It’s a joke between Me and him.

The Force is all of the good things inside of you. Compassion creates the Force. It is the Force. Love is the Force. To Serve the Force, to be Purely Devoted to the Force, and to become the Force, returning to One’s Constitutional Position within It, is the Way. Merging into the Force fully brings Truth to the Jedi. Keeping the Force balanced can only be done through the Will of the Force. So ask the Force to dwell in you fully, and become who you are Forever meant to Be.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: