Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Graflex CE/SE Pins  (Read 658 times)
MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« on: September 29, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »

Pretty simple question. I'm looking to upgrade the electronics in my Graflex CE in the near future and was hoping there is someone around with experience breaking the US Graflex down. I don't want to tear up the pins trying to get them out.
Are the pins threaded, or are they just glued in? And what's the best advice for removing them?
Thanks!

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 12:02:52 PM »

Pretty simple question. I'm looking to upgrade the electronics in my Graflex CE in the near future and was hoping there is someone around with experience breaking the US Graflex down. I don't want to tear up the pins trying to get them out.
Are the pins threaded, or are they just glued in? And what's the best advice for removing them?
Thanks!

Not threaded, just tapped in. They come out quite easily.  Put some electrical tape inside a pair of pliers and just give them a tug, they should pop right out. 

The front and back BUTTONS on the other hand is where my customization stalled... seemed like I couldn't get them off without destroying them, so I gave up.... for now.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 09:01:47 PM »

Thank you, sir.

Yeah, I know the "buttons" are going to be a pain too. I'm thinking maybe low heat from the heat gun, blowing into the emitter. Heat it from the inside instead of direct heat on those, might loosen the adhesive without melting them.
If I can get the pins out and the buttons off clean, it'll be a cake walk from there.
If not, well, at least it isn't my #1 favorite anymore. Used to be, but my newer sabers with smooth swing knocked it down a few spots. Just think it'd be better to try and upgrade than just straight retire it.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers