Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultra Sabers AC Powered Display  (Read 656 times)
Kinzo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 16, 2020, 11:14:58 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but I was just wondering if I can replace the batteries with a "AAA Battery Power Supply" from Amazon so I can display it on my wall and have it lit up most of the time without having to worry about the batteries? Will that kill the LEDs or shorten it's lifespan? Thanks for your help!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 01:48:30 AM »

The MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) of the LEDs used in these sabers is 100,000 hours or so, I do believe. 

100,000 hours / 24 hours per day / 365.25 days per year = 11.4+ YEARS of use.  I think you’ll be fine.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 09:43:17 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum but I was just wondering if I can replace the batteries with a "AAA Battery Power Supply" from Amazon so I can display it on my wall and have it lit up most of the time without having to worry about the batteries? Will that kill the LEDs or shorten it's lifespan? Thanks for your help!

As long as the power supply is equivalent to the output of 4xAAA batteries you will be fine.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: