Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What is the battery life on a Diamond Saber?  (Read 1949 times)
Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« on: October 17, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »

Firstly, I apologize if this has be answered somewhere else.

The question is: What is the run time of a diamond saber?

I know the saber draws a constant charge and my batteries will die after a week or so even if I do not use it.

Specifically, how long do they last in use?

Planning on dressing up for Halloween and carrying my saber. I have extra batteries I can take along, but have no direct experience with this so thought I would ask.

I will be 'in costume' for around seven or eight hours, though I do not know how much fiddling I will be doing with the saber.
Also I tend to keep the saber on low volume, but may need to boost that in larger spaces to be heard.

Thank you for your time.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 04:09:17 PM »

Firstly, I apologize if this has be answered somewhere else.

The question is: What is the run time of a diamond saber?

I know the saber draws a constant charge and my batteries will die after a week or so even if I do not use it.

Battery life on Emerald with Sound will also run out within about 3 weeks on a full charge. Not sure about Diamond Board, though.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 04:29:07 PM »

Battery life on Emerald with Sound will also run out within about 3 weeks on a full charge. Not sure about Diamond Board, though.

I get something over an hour with fully-charged batteries, just hanging on the wall, doing an idle hum.

Note: This was ONE test.  I have not tried it since.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 06:35:15 AM »

Okay, so since I plan on having it with me tomorrow (Halloween) for longer than an hour, and will likely be playing with it / demonstrating it for others, bring extra batteries. Also a Stunt Saber for when/if I burn through them.

As an aside the Obsidian v4 seems to last 3 to 4 weeks until the batteries die, with them just being in the saber and minimal use.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 11:21:50 AM »

I think it would last about 4-5 hours of good use

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print