Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can I change the color of my Dark Catalyst?  (Read 611 times)
CMustoart
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 17, 2020, 09:18:06 PM »

Hello all,

First time posting, please forgive me if this has already been covered.

I just purchased a used Dark Catalyst online. It’s green, but I wanted a blue one. So I ordered the color disks separately in order to change the color when it arrived. Well, it appears as though the LED itself is green. Either that, or I don’t know how to dismantle the piece and get to the color disk.

Is there a color disk in there that I’m not finding? If so, is there a YouTube tutorial on how to change it? If not, what part should I order to replace it (and how do I do so)?

Also, there’s no sound board. Can I add one later, or do I have to order a whole new handle?

Much thanks!
-Chris

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 09:32:09 PM »

Hello all,

First time posting, please forgive me if this has already been covered.

I just purchased a used Dark Catalyst online. It’s green, but I wanted a blue one. So I ordered the color disks separately in order to change the color when it arrived. Well, it appears as though the LED itself is green. Either that, or I don’t know how to dismantle the piece and get to the color disk.

Is there a color disk in there that I’m not finding? If so, is there a YouTube tutorial on how to change it? If not, what part should I order to replace it (and how do I do so)?

Also, there’s no sound board. Can I add one later, or do I have to order a whole new handle?

Much thanks!
-Chris

Welcome to the board Chris!

The LED in your Dark Cat is in fact green.   As one of the three "base" colors in the spectrum (Green, Blue and Red) there's not much you can do with it with filters.  It is possible to swap out the LED module, but the construction of the Catalyst makes this harder than on most other sabers because the LED is actually glued into the emitter.   However, it is possible to change it.   Its just complicated.

As for adding sound, this is easier.   The sound cards install in the hilt and with some re-wiring you can accomplish this.   You will need a sound card that will fit into the hilt as well as a new battery pack with a speaker. 

There are several folks on the forum who have done this kind of work (I am not one of them) and they have many "how to" threads in the customization folders.  And always feel free to ask questions about whatever you're working on!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: