Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Here!  (Read 991 times)
darthfuror
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

That which has passed, soon you shall know...

« on: October 27, 2020, 04:28:06 PM »

Hello there! I'm new here and pretty much new to star wars overall so if anyone wants to take me under their wing or train me that would be greatly appreciated. Smiley

sim inimicus in morte - Darth Furor

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:09 PM »

Hello darthfuror, welcome to the forum. You're going to find a lot of fun people and subjects to talk to and about here. Do you have any sabers? Are you planning in getting any, and what might they be?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

darthfuror
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

That which has passed, soon you shall know...

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »

Thank you! I bought (2) AEON v4s recently. They arrive today.

sim inimicus in morte - Darth Furor

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 09:20:12 AM »

Welcome to the forum we look forward to seeing pics of your saber

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 10:01:01 PM »

Greetings, the beginning is always so exciting. So, you recieved your first lightsabers already. Either thinking of dual wielding with Jar Kai, or using a coupler to form a "Darth Maul Style" saber staff/ double bladed lightsaber then? Simple intro point: it might be easier to start with one blade first, depending on your level of experience. But, I won't seek to diminish your passion in attempting to learn.

Potentially helpful starting points:
1. On the ultra sabers site, The Holocron: is lots of info on basic lightsaber Forms, Sith and Jedi of interest or their weapons, some interesting videos, etc. This is a nice resource.
2.  If you have Disney Prime/Plus (whatever it's called) you can watch the movies Episodes 1-9 to learn some of the SW universe. Bundled in 3 part groups they are basically what all this originated from. Many games exist on many platforms, giving a good feel of the stories and conflicts too. My favs being KOTOR 1 & 2 and SW Battlefront/Battlefield series. Not to mention the hundreds of books. BUT also on this forum under General Chat | Star Wars, I bet there is a ton. I avoided it because I HATE spoilers if I can avoid them. Serious nerd who loves to experience it myself in that way.
3.   Finally the lightsaber. You have yours, so I doubt you worry about construction or technical details right now, beyond basic maintenance. Thus I suggest one of my favorite avenues. The forum here Way of the Saber | Saber Artistry OR Saber Combat. Topics within these categories are numerous. If you want to gain blade control and be "showy" for lack of a better term focus on Stage Combat ideology in Artistry. If you wish to one day (probably after much learning and SAFETY education) to duel or competitively spar then Saber Combat... Either way, I found Master Ulios "Seven Forms of Lightsaber Combat: A Discourse" helpful in many ways toward this end. This topic has tons of content, Master level insights and debates, and on the last page he's posted his collective work with others describing the VII Forms. There are links to some videos a few pages from the end as well. If you have trouble finding it here is a direct link: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2131.0

I bet it's a lot to take in, but just wanted you to have some tools to work with, and maybe find something that calls out to you. Sci-fi is fantastic and the lore in SW runs deep. So, as far as you want to go, there is generally plenty to experience. May the Force Serve You Well...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum, darthfuror. I love the Aeon especially the V4 and you have two in your arsenal. Congrats on receiving them

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: