Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Making my own Hilt  (Read 415 times)
gdell40
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 04, 2020, 09:26:55 PM »

Hello this is my first post.
My sister has always wanted one of these sabers and I had the idea to buy the internals and blade, but make the hilt myself for her for Christmas. I work as a CNC machinist and my boss is cool with me coming in on Saturdays to use any machines and scrap metal or pay for stock used. So im not worried about the act of making the hilt.

In thinking about how i want to go about it i figured i would ask here if anyone has come up with a basic blueprint i could go off? Like a basic I.D. dimensions that i could just copy and know that i can pop the internals in easily? then i can go ham on making the O.D. as custom as she wants.

Thanks in advance!

(also im looking through the basic build thread and i noticed its from 2013. is that still up to date? or is there more modern wisdom i can gleem?)

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:13:46 PM »

hilts here are pretty decently priced but turn around is impacted by the current plague. 
i suspect the electronics will the be expensive bit - especially if you are adding sound and effects. 
i have not looked for hilt blueprints but will update here if i come across any.
perhaps order a mystery box and use that as a template?
you may also look at the custom saber shop for modular hilt system compatible pieces to determine sizes and thread specs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: