Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Looking for Phantom v4 LE and Sentinel v5 Owners!  (Read 964 times)
JediMasterJay
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

« on: November 05, 2020, 12:22:23 AM »

Hey forum!

Anybody have these sabers? I am looking into both and curious about what y'all think! Super excited about the Fall Raffle, and can't wait!

May the force be with you!

My Collection: Azure Savior, Aeon v4

My Wishlist: Spectre, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Dominix v4, Arbiter, and Phantasm
Initiate v3

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 03:35:04 AM »

My 1st two sabers were v5 sentinels, which I haven't seen around lately. . . Nevertheless, they were awesome sabers. If you get dizzy with bright lights, there is a 'tri-cree' option. But I would just recommend the regular LEDs. I ordered the Dark Sentinel v5 in Guardian Blue and the Sentinel v5 LE in Blazing Red. Perfect lightweight well designed sabers and adequate for single or dual hand grips. That's my opinion on it. Thus so, I began collecting ultrasabers.  

I got them with the 4xAAA basic sound option, and so now I've bought about 20 Ultrasabers with v4 sound. If you were getting basic lite sound, go with the basic set-up. For the v3 / v4 sound setup, I would recommend initiates for basic sabers. They're wider, and It's easier to edit fonts and replace batteries because so. Plus the sound is a bit more immersive.

Good luck!!

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 06:11:30 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohh5XkyaTkw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohh5XkyaTkw</a>

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 09:51:59 PM »

Dominix V4 LE/ Phantom v4 LE I don't have, but the Sentinel v5/Dark Sentinel v5/Sentinel LE v5 I have.

I also have quite a few Apprentice v4/Initiate v4/Aeon v4.  The windows on these emitters are nice, as they run parallel to the blade and have soft edges to them. They do not interfere with my grip in any way.

v5 hilts are a bit different. The cut of the emitter windows was a bit sharp and initially cause some abrasion to my fingers and were uncomfortable to hold.  The lower part of the hilt, in the area below the activation switch also has some texturing done to it  (cross-cutting) and does seem to catch my fingers like a fine grit sandpaper would.

Note: my v5 hilts are almost all pre-sale versions so I don't know if any modifications have been made by UltraSabers.

MY OPINION here: The Initiate/Apprentice/Sentinel v4 line are all nice, solid hilts to have to use. They work well and are very robust. I find them comfortable to wield and I could keep praising them all the day long. The v5 line are also nice, but seem to need some modification by sanding the sharp edges a bit. If working on your hilts to style them for yourself is something you like to to try out, then don't fear the v5 line. They are still very well built.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 09:24:00 PM »

I don't have a Sentinel v5, I was impatient and took the Apprentice v5 when the order went long.

I will confirm that the v5 has some sharper edges that can hurt the hand and may require some modification. Possibly the larger Sentinel hilt can avoid the choke point at the windows.

The widows look awesome though.

I do have an Aeon v4 with windows, I believe the Phantom is the Dark Staff version where mine is the silver single hilt.
It is a very nice saber. Easy choke points. Nice balance for spinning. Can't speak for the staff but the single hilt is great.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: