Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Ordering first ultra saber  (Read 1914 times)
Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 05, 2020, 10:37:30 PM »

Hello my fellow nerds, I am going to order my very first ultra saber soon. I’ve wanted one for the longest time but never had the money to get one, now I do. I am planning on ordering the dark apprentice v5 with extra stuff as well as a different pommel. I will also be ordering a mystery box saber as these baby are expensive and I’d like the option to have a staff if I wish so I have also ordered a coupling. I was wondering if you guys had any advise for a beginner!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »

1st, welcome to the forum. 2nd, you've chosen a great saber. 3rd, when it arrives, we're gonna need to see pictures. SHOW IT OFF!! Finally, I just wanted to say welcome to your new addiction.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 11:28:26 PM »

1st, welcome to the forum. 2nd, you've chosen a great saber. 3rd, when it arrives, we're gonna need to see pictures. SHOW IT OFF!! Finally, I just wanted to say welcome to your new addiction.
Thank you!!! It’s been a long time coming, have been wanting this for a while!! I’ve had my eye on the apprentice v5 since I saw it three years ago, and you better bet I will show it off when I get them in a few months!! And YES!! I needed a new addiction.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 03:01:12 AM »

My advice... DON'T SKIMP!  Get what you want.  If you don't have enough, wait until you do.  There's nothing worse than getting your awesome saber and then having regrets... "I wish I had gotten flash on clash!"  or  "I wish I had gotten the Illuminated switch!"  or  "I wish I had gotten V4 sound!"  or  "I wish I had gotten the DIAMOND CONTROLLER!"  ...it's WAY cheaper to get what you want the first time, than to get what you sort of want and then ALSO have to buy what you REALLY want.

Personally, I always get flash on clash (its just WAY cooler), and I always get V4 over V3 sound, its only $10 more for way more features.  If I'm going big-time, I prefer to go Diamond over Emerald.  For $30-$40 more, the additional features and effects are a no-brainer.

Also, BE PATIENT.  Supply chains are in disarray and unpredictable.   Expect your saber in 12-15 weeks.  It will probably come sooner.  If it doesn't, DO NOT PANIC.  There is no need to worry, file a complaint, or demand your money back.  Just relax.  Place your order and forget about it.  One day, hopefully sooner rather than later, you'll get your golden ticket (Forum slang for your shipping notification).

Finally, enjoy what you finally decide on and don't let all the internet saber snobs tell you you should have gotten this or that.   

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »

First, I echo completely what MVHI JEDI advises... get what you really want.  It is SO worth the wait!

Also... you said you ordered (or will order) a v5, a coupler, and a mystery box.  You need to remember that a mystery box is not guaranteed to be a saber that is compatible with the MHS couplers; you could get a V2 saber (which is still cool; I’ve gotten two of them as coupon-code add-ons so far, and I really like them), which is not big enough in diameter to match threads with an MHS coupler that is used by the V3, V4, V5, and deluxe sabers.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 07:12:53 PM »

Thank you all for the advice!! I Dont really want a sound saber as i will be dueling with it and have seen that the stunt sabers perform better in actual combat due to the battery compartment cuasing the saber to glitch and turn off! I didnt think about the coupler situation thank you for bringing it to my attention!! either way i plan on getting a second dark apprentice V5 to use as a complete staff but the second one will have sound hence the vented coupler. whatever i get in the mystery box will be used sorly to duel other people with my saber.

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 10:06:33 PM »

Thank you all for the advice!! I Dont really want a sound saber as i will be dueling with it and have seen that the stunt sabers perform better in actual combat due to the battery compartment cuasing the saber to glitch and turn off! I didnt think about the coupler situation thank you for bringing it to my attention!! either way i plan on getting a second dark apprentice V5 to use as a complete staff but the second one will have sound hence the vented coupler. whatever i get in the mystery box will be used sorly to duel other people with my saber.
FYI, I duel with my sound sabers, even my Diamond/Emerald sabers.  I beat the living tarnation out of them... I've never had one turn off or "glitch".   The "other guys" sabers may have an issue there, I've not seen it with my US sabers, but that's my personal experience.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 10:52:05 PM »

FYI, I duel with my sound sabers, even my Diamond/Emerald sabers.  I beat the living tarnation out of them... I've never had one turn off or "glitch".   The "other guys" sabers may have an issue there, I've not seen it with my US sabers, but that's my personal experience.

well thank you for clearing that up I watched a few videos where some sabers did that specifically the sound sabers and was worried about that happening to me.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 11:51:10 PM »

I waited on the angled av switch for my diamond Emperor's Hand. SO GLAD I WAITED!! It is worth the wait my friend. I've never regretted it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 11:56:40 PM »

I waited on the angled av switch for my diamond Emperor's Hand. SO GLAD I WAITED!! It is worth the wait my friend. I've never regretted it.

whats the angled switch?Huh

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 12:27:36 AM »

whats the angled switch?Huh

Some of the premium hilts have a box under the switch and it can ever be square or angled (which is kind of like a diamond with flat tops)

Lightsabers

Crimson Fallen - Fire Orange w Silver FOC, V4 Sound, Extra Dorinian Pommel
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red, Stunt - Mystery Box
Initiate V3 - Adegan Silver, Stunt - Free Initiate

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 12:28:33 AM »

Some of the premium hilts have a box under the switch and it can ever be square or angled (which is kind of like a diamond with flat tops)
Ohhhhhh I think I know what your talking about I like thoes too I think they are attractive

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 03:15:19 AM »

Just a suggestion...head on over to the Reviews section (if you haven't already) and check out some of what the rest of us have posted.  You might just get some ideas for future purchases.

Oh, and welcome to the club.  I mean, the forum.   Grin

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 03:54:10 AM »

Just a suggestion...head on over to the Reviews section (if you haven't already) and check out some of what the rest of us have posted.  You might just get some ideas for future purchases.

Oh, and welcome to the club.  I mean, the forum.   Grin
Thank you I will go and check them out I know I want the darth maul lightsaber one as a staff at some point and the empress as well as the savior and butcher as a darth raven set

Aloha Jedi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2020, 06:39:41 PM »

Sound Mystery Saber was nice, but since there’s a Fall Raffle, decided to go with a Graflex SE with sound. May get around to ordering a coupler, better sound and li-on capabilty if it’s easy enough to to DIY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: