Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sith costume for my lightsaber  (Read 1169 times)
Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 05, 2020, 11:55:56 PM »

So, I am getting a new saber here soon most likely ordering it tomorrow. It’s a dark apprentice with a dark Dorinian pommel and a Dominicide emitter as well as a quick release vented coupler all of it is black accept the pommel. The blade color is blue violet amethyst with a 32 inch blade that’s rounded. I was wondering what type of sith inspired outfit would look good with this saber, I’d like to hear your guy’s opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:56 PM »

So, I am getting a new saber here soon most likely ordering it tomorrow. It’s a dark apprentice with a dark Dorinian pommel and a Dominicide emitter as well as a quick release vented coupler all of it is black accept the pommel. The blade color is blue violet amethyst with a 32 inch blade that’s rounded. I was wondering what type of sith inspired outfit would look good with this saber, I’d like to hear your guy’s opinions!

Just a heads up, I do not think that the apprentice has a changeable emitter (please someone who owns one confirm this) so if you plan on using the Dominicide emitter as an emitter and not a pommel you may not be able to

Lightsabers

Crimson Fallen - Fire Orange w Silver FOC, V4 Sound, Extra Dorinian Pommel
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red, Stunt - Mystery Box
Initiate V3 - Adegan Silver, Stunt - Free Initiate

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 03:49:53 PM »

Cwfox9 is correct, none of the emitters on the Apprentice line are removable, only the pommels are MHS compatible. There are quite a few different designs you can go with for a Sith inspired outfit. Black, red, dark gray, are the most common colors to use. Are you thinking of making something from scratch, buying individual costume pieces and assembling, or grabbing a pre-made outfit? The options you have tend to bend to which method you're going with.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 07:07:58 PM »

I wasnt sure if the emitter was removeable or not thank you for making that known to me because it will save me like 40 bucks! Also I wasnt sure about the outfit either i was looking for some ideas and/or inspiriation for one, probably will be a mixture of homemade, bought, and comissioned pieces.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 08:57:47 PM »

Much can be achieved both home made or purchased.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 10:47:44 PM »

Thank you I will probably assemble it myself with different cloting articles that ill buy!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 05:16:00 PM »

As far as pre-made pieces we tend for the most part to steer clear of Halloween costumes that you can get on places like Amazon. The quality typically isn't there but every now and then you get some stuff that works great for a costume, but it can be very hit or miss. Places like Etsy have a wide variety of articles for sale but can be pricey, yet they are all made by hand with a lot of skill and love so you usually get a nice piece. Most Sith costumes are a kind of variant of what Jedi wear, there's a definite Feudal Japanese theme that runs through what Lucas envisioned for Force users in Star Wars. Tabards, robes, and tunics are quite common. You can also go the armored route which many on the forums have done (see above pic,  Wink)

Be sure to make it your own, there's nothing like having a unique costume.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 05:18:11 PM »

As far as pre-made pieces we tend for the most part to steer clear of Halloween costumes that you can get on places like Amazon. The quality typically isn't there but every now and then you get some stuff that works great for a costume, but it can be very hit or miss. Places like Etsy have a wide variety of articles for sale but can be pricey, yet they are all made by hand with a lot of skill and love so you usually get a nice piece. Most Sith costumes are a kind of variant of what Jedi wear, there's a definite Feudal Japanese theme that runs through what Lucas envisioned for Force users in Star Wars. Tabards, robes, and tunics are quite common. You can also go the armored route which many on the forums have done (see above pic,  Wink)

Be sure to make it your own, there's nothing like having a unique costume.
Thank you for the advice, I’ve never been the best with costumes and such but I really want to actually try with this if my bank will actually let me order my saber.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 09:26:00 PM »

Thank you I will probably assemble it myself with different cloting articles that ill buy!
Etsy is a great place to start. One shop in particular: FarFarAwayOutfitters. They specialize in generic Jedi/Sith garb, focusing on one-size-fits-all or most, in a variety of colors.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cecil_sith19
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 12:44:18 AM »

Etsy is a great place to start. One shop in particular: FarFarAwayOutfitters. They specialize in generic Jedi/Sith garb, focusing on one-size-fits-all or most, in a variety of colors.
I looked them up on Etsy and I love their prices quite affordable and I love some of the designs they have!! Thank you for recommending it!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 02:47:28 PM »

I looked them up on Etsy and I love their prices quite affordable and I love some of the designs they have!! Thank you for recommending it!
Yup

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: